What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

hamburger%20america.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm Burgers......

terminator-salvation-flash-.jpg

Really really ham fisted.
This MCG clown is one of the worst directors ever.
This thing lurched from one shitty set piece to the next.
Bale is risible - he even keeps his fucking batman voice for most of it.
There is not a single character you give a shit about.
A building run by machines is for some reason filled with sirens and flashing lights?
Marcus runs off to save Connors but decides a wardrobe change first would be in order.
CGI Arnie is shite.
And John Connors constantly refers to himself as John Connors, fucking constantly, to the point of making you to throw shit at the screen.
Ending is mawkish in the extreme.

It looks like it was written and directed by a committee of 14 year old boys.

I wasn't ever even a big Terminator fan and I think this pretty much shits on the franchise.

drag-me-to-hell-poster.jpg

Very enjoyable horror that loses itself with about 20 minutes to go but redeems itself in the last 10.

It's also good to see Sam Raimi back doing what he does best, crazy camrea movements, cranking up tension with sound, dark humour and some super jumps.

Seconded. Really enjoyable stuff. Any of the scenes involving fluids were gross in the best possible way.

Watched Woody Allen's latest 'Vicky Christina Barcelona' at the weekend. Boy did it stink. penelope Cruz was excellent and Barcelona looked great but the rest was like a summer project from an undergraduate at film school. Terrible dialogue; stereotypical characters; implausible intrigue.

I was just happy when it finished so i could change my baby's poo-soaked nappy, which was way more interesting.

caddyshack and taking of pelham 12345678910

perfect hangover combo

Deputy Mayor Warren LaSalle: You know what they're going to say. The Times is going to support you. The News is going to knock you. The Post will take both sides at the same time. The rich will support you, likewise the blacks, and the Puerto Ricans won't give a shit. So come on, Al, quit stalling!

5 Easy Pieces (1970) - Really, really good. A forerunner for a lot of slacker movies. Very nice cinematography too. Nicholson predictably great.

Oldboy - Had never seen it. It really is excellent, even though I knew the ending already. Bit stomach turning in places, but not in a random Ichi The Killer kind of way - the nutty stuff is incorporated into the story line really well.

Star Trek Reloaded. Pretty good, but not by any means a classic. Wasn't mad about Kirk trying a bit too hard to be Kirk. Bit too much friggin CGI and mattes too. In fairness though it made most of the recent Star Trek stuff look like shite (excepting anything to do with the Borg).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back