What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

v33881ryodv.jpg

This weekend I watched war of the worlds (great effects, lazy plot), I am legend (pretty good, considering I heard it was shit), transformers (what..?!), match point (extreme moral confusion), and the remains of the day (fell asleep drunk halfway through).

Just like I've been saying for the last day now, right? I'm totally gonna see The Punisher again, just for that one scene with the Parkour guys!

Akira is also amazing.

Nooly, if you'd read the absolutely brilliant book that is I Am Legend, you'd agree the film is total shit.

Saw Milk yesterday and loved it, a number of really great performances.

I also saw The Wrestler and Rachel Getting Married in the last few days which I really enjoyed. Wouldn't surprise me if Anne Hathaway got the oscar for her performance.

Saw Revolutionary Road last week.
Thought the characters were whiny, self indulgent, immature dicks that it was very hard to give 2 shits about.

The girlfriend's half way through the highly acclaimed book at the moment which (as you'd imagine) shows the characters background & fleshes them out from the uninteresting childish people they are in the film.

Also saw Valkyrie.
I quite liked it.
For a story where you know the outcome, it still managed to build the tension very well.
I didn't find Tom Cruise or his American accent distracting as I've heard some people did.

Also watched Vicky Christina Barcelona.
Enjoyed this one as well although I should point out that we watched this in Paris after a lovely day strolling around, eating & drinking so our mood was already good. Also, we're both big Woody Allen fans & even though he's not in this, the dialogue is definitely his.

Penelope Cruz stole the show as the fiery artistic ex-girlfriend.
Not one of Woody's best or funniest movies by a long shot but a nice way to pass an hour & a half.

seraphim_falls_ver2.jpg

not bad at all

The first part was pure Rambo:First Blood set in the Old West- chase through the forest, booby traps, amazingly versatile hunting knife, removing bullet from his own arm etc

The last got a slightly metaphoric which was a bit out of character

But very enjoyable and looked great

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back