What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

i haven't seen that in years, i just remember being bored for most of it. is abel ferrara actually any good? is he? hummm?

To be honest, that's the first film by Ferrara I've seen. Maybe I'm a square, but I wasn't bored at all. I thought Chris Penn's performance was amazing. I thought the characters were sympathetic, despite being cunts, apart from Del Torro's character who was just a cunt, but quite amusing. Also, despite being kind of slow moving and without wanting to sound too wanky, the cinematography is really good and the movie looks great. I recently watched Deerhunter and, though it's a great movie, I would consider the first 30 minutes (the Wedding, shall we say) hard enough work. So maybe that primed me for the Funeral. I have the Addiction lined up next.. Happy days.

How the fuck have i never heard of this???

looks fantastic
funeral.jpg
The Funeral by Abel Ferrara

Pretty awesome movie all round.

Thanks Dutchy.

I watched a documentary called Vinyl last night.
snapshot20060108215154.JPG

A rather strange film about record collecting.

6/10

Because the protagonist/filmaker is a moany moron who's got fuck all tunage himself.

The Reader.

I'm gonna watch Doubt before I have an opinion on who should win Best Actress. Winslet does a good job, but I think her co-star, David Kross, has been waaaay overlooked this awards season. anyway, inneresting enough, lots of riding, bums and boobs (and even a willy at one stage - oh my :rolleyes:).

ehm......yeah it was good - though im not sure how i liked feeling i was pitying an auschwitz guard in some cases. worth a look anyway.

doubt.jpg

not as good as The Reader, but I think Meryl deserves the Oscar. Viola Davis was pretty amazing in this too. Actually, all of them were. Good acting, not a great film.

Notintoyouposter.jpg

I don't know why i torture myself by seeing movies that are obviously going to be shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back