What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

Talledga Nights:

talladega_nights.jpg

- Very funny, although Cohen is pretty shit in it, in my humble opinion.

The night before, Gomorra:

600full-gomorra-poster.jpg

Not so hillarious, but very good. I wouldn't rate it as highly as City of God or Godfather etc, but it is very absorbing and interesting. Saw it in the Lighthouse. Very nice cinema.

I saw 40 Year Old Virgin a couple of weeks back. That is a really unfunny movie, despite the hype.

Hitchcock movies are going for 7 squids in HMV atm. I bought The Birds and Rear View Mirror. I got Deerhunter and Barry Lyndon (by Kubrick) for half nothing too.

Shake n Bake!

dying to see Gomorra, looks class !
Rather than watching rugby, watched Lunacy- Sílení ... nearly two hours long, described as a horror, far from it..really mind boggling to watch, tarred and feathered men, sex rituals, all interspersed with offal/meat slithering about/coming through cracks in walls/doors etc..really a must see IMO.
sileni.jpg

What did you make of Carrington?

Wasn't Jonathan Pryce exquisitely good?

House of Mirth is still the best Brit 'period' flick I've ever seen though. Gillian Anderson is just unexpectedly perfect in it. Could not be better.

yeah I liked Carrington. Great performances, especially Pryce. The characters got on my tits a bit after a while though. Must check out HoM

last_action_hero.jpg

The first time I've seen it since it came out in the cinema:eek:

It's a really clever film and predated the whole Scream ironic movies by about 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back