What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

last night i saw m night shyamalnarmalangadingdongs new opus, "the happening".

what's with that guy?

Watched 'The Fall' last night, Tarsem Singh movie from 2006, nothing to do with Mark E Smith & friends.. Basically an eye candy feast, spectacular on-location backdrops etc, but most of the film is given over to a fantasy story-within-a-story which is pretty much a paper-thin kids' fairytale cobbled together from trite cliches.. Which is a pity, cause the 'main' story (about an injured stuntman in a convalescence home in LA in the 1920s who is telling the fairytale to a 5-year old kid so he can convince her to help him kill himself) is much more well-realised and affecting, but only gets about 1/3rd of the screen time.

'I Have Always Loved You'

French melodrama with Kristin Scott-Thomas.
Best film I've seen in aaages. I'd expand on this but it would be bad form to give away the plot.
A woman who's been away for an apparently long time goes to stay with her younger sister and her family.

dull
Heist.jpg

bone crunchingly awesome
bittersweet_life_cover_gross.jpg

Encounters at the End of the World

Herzog documentary about Antarctica. Amazing characters and some really funny moments. Excellent.

eagle-eye-movie-poster.png

Could have been better
(could have been worse too!)
A little less HAL and a little more Enemy of The State would have been an improvement
A shitload of plot holes.

Is Rosario Dawson the Michael Jackson of actresses cause she looks whiter in each succeeding filme to me!

'I Have Always Loved You'

French melodrama with Kristin Scott-Thomas.
Best film I've seen in aaages. I'd expand on this but it would be bad form to give away the plot.
A woman who's been away for an apparently long time goes to stay with her younger sister and her family.

Thanks for not giving too much away. I'm in total agreement. Nothing short of a masterpiece.

By the way the title actually translates as I've Loved You So Long [/pedant]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back