What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

One of the things I really really really hate about the states is how terrible network TV is.

The 4 or 5 good shows are repeated endlessly untill you couldnt bear to watch another minute of any of them, there is nothing even remotely cerebral on any of the channels and everything is sanitised beyond belief.

Would anyone die if you occasionally got to see a tit on TV after 9PM

But the worst thing is how they take a film completely unsuitable for a time slot and then just edit the living shit out of it to make it fit.

Last weekend 30 Days of Night was on a 3PM the week before Any Given Sunday was on a lunchtime over the weekend.

Of course both film were completely unwatchable they had so much cencsored out.

Makes me fucking mad.

:mad::mad::mad:
yeah, i've seen censored movies in america.. i was completely confused. thought i was stoned, til it was explianed to me.

Really???

That's the first negative thing I've heard about it, most folk seemed to be genuinely freaked out by it especially the ending.

A stoopid and annoying movie. I can't remember another film I've watched where I was shouting at the TV: 'SHUT THE FUCK UP!'
The story is disgustingly cynical: Blair Witch + 28 Days Later= [REC]...and even then it makes no sense. Ludicrous sign-posting of plot developments.
"The dog went crazy..." FFS.

The ambiguous ending tells you more about the shitty script than some cod-Satanic 'looming evil'.

Yeah...I didn't like it.

jesus the last 20 minutes, i know. just when you thought it couldnt get any worse. even thinking about it now i can feel myself tensing up again.

so what happened at the end anyway? was it all the devils fault or was it just that the guy who had the attic room thought the kid might be possessed but really just had the virus? the fuckin attic with no lights :eek:

that old lady was scary too, and the child that bit the mother
i thought
the kid was locked in the attic by a mad scientist who was employed by the vatican to find a cure for demonic possession which they had found to be a virus. the virus mutated/became contagious so your man done a bunk. good recommendation though. there's a hollywood remake in the pipeline. it'll be a watered down piece of piss no doubt.
so then i was like, "fun bags? what fun bags?" hahahaha!

Heartbeat Detector

Sobering, humourless, obtuse french claptrap about corporations and the holocaust or something. It just went on and on.

Mitchum? Any ideas?

have you seen rec? thats about 40 times scarier than the orphanage, maybe the scariest ive ever seen. the orphanage is scary too though, at least it is if you watch it and arent running around playing class prankster.

I agree with Mitchum about the wonky plot signposting - surely there was no need to explain all that? Plus they used the old Texas Chainsaw Massacre cliche of the scary room with mad shit on the walls. The newspaper cuttings and - FFS - the reel to reel tape! Jesus, that's the kind of shite you'd expect to see on a dodgy Xbox Resident Evil rip off! The zombies broke character a lot too the way they decided to stand still, or worse, run away.

Anyway, fuck that shit. Great movie! The setting was familiar by the time everyone was getting chased around the place and the last boss monster was worth the gammy pope story. The sound is very immersive with loads of strange noises coming from behind at perfect moments. Also it's good to occasionaly watch a movie you know nothing about, it's been a long time since I managed not to have something spoiled.

P.S. For the RECord, The Orphanage was weak post-Ringu muck. 'Ooh! Children singing nursery rhymes are scary' - peh

and in the end I just payed for the tomatoes. Arseholes.

Oh yeah - brilliant movie. Trust Mitchum not.

Quarantine-[rec] remake
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

saw Paranoid Park last night, no use, why I put myself through that yanky teen crap, I don't know..

i watched the Godfather at 11am on a Sarurday morning one time. :confused:
yeah, the initial "america is deadly! 91/2 weeks at ten to six on a boring tuesday!" is quickly replaced when the credits roll ten minutes later and the butter hasn't even softened.

yeah, the initial "america is deadly! 91/2 weeks at ten to six on a boring tuesday!" is quickly replaced when the credits roll ten minutes later and the butter hasn't even softened.

There was a trailer for the Harvey Milk film on before something the other night. The trailer was listed R. I have no idea why, except the sight of gay people on scren might give you the gay.

bodyoflies2.jpg

Body of Lies.

Leo does his best, Crow was operated by remote control.
Not terrible just nothing new.

Taken - HE KEPT KILLING PEOPLE

88 Minutes - Worst film since Double Jeopardy

House Bunny - confused as to what it wanted to be. Some very funny moments, contained Kat Dennings

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back