What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

suicide-club-dvd-cover.jpg

Voces-Inocentes-b.jpg

worthy but dull. didn't really go anywhere and there a few too many twists which didn't wholly convince. i suspect the writers took more than their fair share of liberities with the story. the main kid has a weirdly old face which freaked me out a tad.

garage370.jpg

Not exactly a cheery night's entertainment but I really enjoyed this. Reminded me of some of Kevin Barry's short stories - v bleak depiction of small town life. Pat Shortt was terrific.

Got my fill of blockbusters recently.

Iron Man - Pretty fun. Minus points for using a shitty instrumental edit of 'Iron Man' on the credits.
Batman - Nice enough, not as bowel-shattering as it was made out to be. Bit too unrelenting for a Batman movie I felt. Where's the humurous interludes to give the viewer a break from people getting their faces smashed in?
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Cock - Probably my favourite out of the three. I enjoyed the ass off it.

Got back to the usual routine with 'The New York Ripper'. The first Lucio Fulci movie I've seen, I'm ashamed to admit. I wouldn't say it's "good" or anything, but movies set in New York when it was still a grimy, crime-ridden shithole are fascinating to me. The lead actor was acutally not bad. It's pretty funny reading the stuff people write about this on the net. 'It's a profound meditation on nihilism and hopelessness mannnnnnn'. No, it's just a shoddily made thriller with over-the-top gore and an abysmal soundtrack.

Watched "inside man" - a spike lee "joint". it's ok, fairly watchable. Good attempt at the "heist genre". good solid cast, some nice touches. Ending totally meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back