What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

I thought Stakeland was just okay like, but a big part of that I think was that there have been far too many zombie/vampire/virus apocalypse films getting made over the past 10 years and a large amount of them are pretty shite really.

22 Jump Strwet - more of the same but pretty funny

Rob The Mob - entertaining crime caper with two great performances from Michael Pitt and Nina Ariansa

Sin City 2 - the film itself is boring and stupid but Eva Green - Jesus Christ!!!

I thought Stakeland was just okay like, but a big part of that I think was that there have been far too many zombie/vampire/virus apocalypse films getting made over the past 10 years and a large amount of them are pretty shite really.
I thought it sucked balls

Scarecrow. Jesus Christ. What a fucking great movie. Two amazing performances by the two lads.

Scarecrow.jpg

THE EQUALIZER

Denzil Washington plays Bryan Mills, who has gone undercover in Boston and changed his skin colour to avoid detection. Mills must single-handedly take on the might of Russia, something no man has managed since Richard Dunne. Will he succeed? Well, whaddya reckon?
This film is fucking amazing. Seriously, if you like Taken, you fucking HAVE to go and see this in the cinema. It's over 2 hours of Denzil Washington being completely fucking bad-ass. Loads of hilarious deaths, and one of the best (or at least funniest) explosion scenes ever put to film.
Aside from Taken, this reminded me a bit of Punisher:Warzone, but with the makings of a good film beside all the totally amazing comedy deaths.
Loads of Russian Mafia dudes die during this film. For the sequel, they should create a super-race of Russian/Albanian hybrids, and put Liam Neeson and Denzel Washington together to fight them all.

Plus points:

Denzel Washington being fucking bad-ass as fuck
Pretty good cliched Russian bad guy
Funny deaths
Funny explosions
Dirty cops
The film is really stylistically shot which helps add to the overall amusement
The soundtrack is fucking deadly - in particular the sound mixing for this film is fucking amazing

Minus points:

eh…

Overall - 9/10 - Not quite as good as Taken, only because he doesn't kill quite as many people in as short a space of time.

Pride - the one about the LGBT groups raising money for the Welsh miner's strike in the 80s.. There's a bit of a template at this stage for the big-hearted uplifting Brit comedy-drama about plucky underdogs overcoming the odds (with plenty of hilarity along the way) and this pretty much followed that exactly.. They milk the culture clash stuff for all it's worth e.g. Dominic West with a perm as the flamboyant panto actor winning over the gruff miners with his amazing dancing, Welsh grannies touring the London gay bars on their trip down south.. Clearly a fascinating real-life story but I think I would've got more out of a decent documentary on the same subject. Bill Nighy and the actor who played the Northern Irish lad in it were good though.

I watched 'Will you still love me tomorrow',

Will-You-Still-Love-Me-Tomorrow-2013-1.jpg

I absolutely loved it, I'm a sucker for light, good hearted films that also manage to pack a punch, and this totally did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back