What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

watched Quantum of Solace tonight. Thought it was pretty good - definitely one of the best Bond movies.

Very entertaining. Best love scene I've seen in ages. ;) I'm loving this Clough/Frost actor.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I though the Damned United was god awful. The book portrays Giles, Bremner etc as scumbags because that's how (the imaginary) Clough saw them in his own head but doing it on screen without making that clear made Clough look like the victim. Also gutting the entire premise of the book and making it a bromance was a bad move.

And the Billy Bremner character is hilarious...

I though the Damned United was god awful. The book portrays Giles, Bremner etc as scumbags because that's how (the imaginary) Clough saw them in his own head but doing it on screen without making that clear made Clough look like the victim. Also gutting the entire premise of the book and making it a bromance was a bad move.

And the Billy Bremner character is hilarious...

Well, I'm not a huge football history buff or fan so I found it to be an entertaining movie. I just got a 5 minute run down of the back story before I watched it.

This was ok. I hate Maher which probably 'maherred' my enjoyment of the film. haha.

There wasn't nearly enough delving into Scientology. Challenging thick christians from Indiana with arguments we've been hearing for decades doesn't really serve Maher well.

religulous-teaser-poster.jpg

It absolutely does not!
Ah come on now. it potrays them from Clough's perspective as being scumbags, with the only hint of the reality peeping in from the second person stuff e.g. "YOU only see the fouls. YOU don't see the pass Giles makes for the first goal".

That's just my take on it anyway. I should also add that the above is not a quote as I gave away my copy. :)

Clough hated Leeds! That's very clear from the beginning of the book so all portayals are to be judged within that context. The players come off as very unwelcoming and unforgiving which they were quite entitled to be given all that Clough had said in the press about Revie & Leeds.

Football in the Arts & Culture forum? Take that eggheads!

Ah come on now. it potrays them from Clough's perspective as being scumbags, with the only hint of the reality peeping in from the second person stuff e.g. "YOU only see the fouls. YOU don't see the pass Giles makes for the first goal".

That's just my take on it anyway. I should also add that the above is not a quote as I gave away my copy. :)

knowing_l200808221757.jpg

I knew it was going to be shit...but Fuuuuck.

How does something this flawed ever get made. I have no idea what Alex Porias was thinking but whoever gave him the Kubrick box set for Christmas really didn't do him a favour.

Some really terrible dialogue.

Like most really shit films there is the germ of a good film in there, but the really odd mix of styles - it tries to mix the suspense of The Shining with Close Encounters - just makes it a terrible sloppy mess.

MonstersVsAliensMovie.jpg

Very enjoyable.
Not quite Pixar quality but certainly a big step up for dreamworks.
The kid sitting behind me had a great laugh and busted his arse laughing at the oddest things. His glee was great, but when he asked his mom "Mammy, what's Code Brown mean?" after something The President says in the film I thought I'd have to leave I was lauching so much.

knowing_l200808221757.jpg

I knew it was going to be shit...but Fuuuuck.

How does something this flawed ever get made. I have no idea what Alex Porias was thinking but whoever gave him the Kubrick box set for Christmas really didn't do him a favour.

Some really terrible dialogue.

Like most really shit films there is the germ of a good film in there, but the really odd mix of styles - it tries to mix the suspense of The Shining with Close Encounters - just makes it a terrible sloppy mess.

does nic cage look like hes being fisted throughout the movie? he perfected that look in con air.

poster%20kramer%20vs%20kramer.jpg

Watched this on telly the other night.Have'nt seen it in years and this was my first time seeing it as a da.I was next to tears the whole way through.Classic.

Side note...Meryl Streep was hot back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back