What is your favourite song ever? (1 Viewer)

New-Order-Blue-Monday---Ori-14137.jpg

my new number "Heroine".

if anyone has heard the single on the Irish radio waves yet? And what's the general response to it?

D.

Zeelander said:
ROTARY CONNECTION - WANT YOU TO KNOW

I mention on a semi-regular basis that this is my favourite song but it illicits zero response so I guess no one else has heard it. It was released on Chess Records and features Minnie Riperton on vocals.

i know this song. chess records is great. was great. whatever.

hm maybe mine is 'downtown train' by tom waits... but not really his version of it. just as a song that i like to sing and feel stuff and stuff.

oh shit said:
i know this song. chess records is great. was great. whatever.

hm maybe mine is 'downtown train' by tom waits... but not really his version of it. just as a song that i like to sing and feel stuff and stuff.

Browns syndrome feels and stuff that Rod Stewart brought the aforementioned song to life with his inimitable Scotlandish vocalisations. Also to be commended are his immensely attractive haircuts over the years which more than once caused one's major to stand to attention.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Probably "Jesus,entering from the rear" by the Feederz.

i think this song is crap ' jesus was a faggot ' big deal. there is no wit in the lyrics from what i can remember and it's not shocking or funny in the slightest to me. only a religious psycho could get upset and the music is so light weight it makes the ramones sound like discharge. sorry but it just doesn't work for me maybe in a pre hardcore world but not now.

my three ( equally ) favourite songs for the last eight years has been three 80's hardcore punk songs, in the order in which i first heard them:

SIEGE - Conform (1984)

WRETCHED - In Controluce (1988)

CHRIST ON PARADE - Teach Your Children Well (1987)

"We're Done For" by latterman
"Super Powers Enable Me To Blend In With Machinery" by Dillinger Four
"Marcus Garvey" by The Skatalites
"Did You Get All That" by Cadillac Blindside

Too hard to pick one.

so many contenders

a day in the life by the beatles is up there

as is homework by thingy - this song embodies rock perfection

there is a 20 minutes jimmy eat world song called Goodbye Sky Harbor from an older album which is amazing...it's very unlike 99% of their normal 'rawk' stuff. great compilation opener.

and barber's adagio for strings is one of the most powerful pieces of music ever written...must be played loud...goosebumps guaranteed

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back