What is your favourite song ever? (1 Viewer)

I don't know if "we built this city on rock n roll" is my all time favourite tune, but its got to be a contender.

i don't think so.

B000002W8Q.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

oooh... weezer - say it aint so - cool song - a great singalonga guitara song with high bits that aren't too high but still make you feel good about yourself woooo

and aretha franklin's respect cos when otis sang it it was about a guy coming home to his little lady and asking for a little respect when he came home with the money and aretha was saying fuck you otis. yeah - fuck you otis...

(can somebody now set me straight on my dodgy history of song - "no - in fact it was about his friend who committed suicide....")

Shine said:
oooh... weezer - say it aint so - cool song - a great singalonga guitara song with high bits that aren't too high but still make you feel good about yourself woooo

and aretha franklin's respect cos when otis sang it it was about a guy coming home to his little lady and asking for a little respect when he came home with the money and aretha was saying fuck you otis. yeah - fuck you otis...

(can somebody now set me straight on my dodgy history of song - "no - in fact it was about his friend who committed suicide....")

Otis wrote the darn song and his version is way better. Sheesh, all he was asking was for a little respect when he came home, even granting permission to do him wrong while he was gone.

Black Eyes - Deformative
Les Georges Leningrad - Didi Extra
Wolf Eyes - Imagine Yourself As Me
Low - July
Fugazi - Margin Walker
Elliot Smith - Between the Bars
Owls - What Whorse You Wrote Id On
......................ah fuck, too many.

ahem. just realised I was thinking of arvo pärt's cantus in memory of benjamin britten... now how the hell did I get those mixed up?

still a good answer tho.

very hard to pick a single favourite song. I give up.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
In 1980 in probably anwhere in america nevermind where they were from it probably was pretty shocking to a lot of people. Lightweight? sure,compared to Discharge or Siege or whoever it certainly is,it's still an incredible song,an the band are without a doubt one of the great underrated punk bands of ever. And Frank Discussions lyrics/stunts are/were fantastic.

going on that song the feederz just wernt very good at music side. i read about the time he wrote the fake letter inviting submissions for a scholarship and it was shown on tv ! that was hilarious for certain.
knifed lyrics are way funnier (and thought provoking) than the song ' jesus ...' which sets out to be the shocking but just sounds really hacked off.
a song from 1982 that is genuinely shocking and incredible is love and kisses by the nihilistics which has some of the best lyrics and music i've ever heard on a hardcore record and is still as good as ever.
if 'nervous breakdown' (1978) still rips then being wimpy in 1980 isn't really an excuse.

Zeelander said:
Otis wrote the darn song and his version is way better. Sheesh, all he was asking was for a little respect when he came home, even granting permission to do him wrong while he was gone.
aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha.... i was trying to send you a witty and scathing answer but i ended up trying to check something on the internet and it came back with this:

http://www.salon.com/people/feature/1999/08/03/respect/

[FONT=times, times new roman, serif]Now it might just be the air in here but - up until this point i could maybe have gone either way...[/FONT]
Al Young said:
Now when I hear Aretha singing "R-E-S-P-E-C-T/Find out what it means to me/R-E-S-P-E-C-T/Take care of T-C-B" -- well, I'm ready to R.S.V.P.
[FONT=times, times new roman, serif]:D:DaaaaaaaaahAHAHOooooo!.... :rolleyes:hmm.... :eek:ahum.

(hey but none of this takes away from the fact that Aretha did it sooo much better)
[/FONT]

Been thinking, my favourite ever song is probaly "the beginning and the end" by Isis. Even the bits without singing make me want to sing out loud and jump around.

Emm...I don't know. Maybe one of:

Arthur Russell - In the light of the miracle
Sly and the Family Stone - Sing a simple song
Bob Dylan - If you see her say hello
Albert Ayler - Truth is marching in (the Live in Greenwich Village version, anyway)

But probably something else entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back