What is your absolutely favouritist song ever?? (1 Viewer)

drive like jehu - either 'new math' or 'bullet train to vegas'. just perfect rock music

other contenders - minnie ripperton 'only when i'm dreaming', richard harris 'macarthur park', paul williams 'someday man', sebadoh 'soul and fire', queen 'you're my best friend'

Hmm.
I am a bit of a sap for John Lennon's Imagine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFkh7sDgAcM

I dunno. I'll have to pass.
What was the right answer?

Tom Waits Swordfishtrombone? Innocent when you dream?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7pF-WJ2RkU

Radiohead Pyramid Song maybe?
Fall on me, by REM is really nice.
I love The Stranglers Golden Brown,

Fairytale of New York is my fav chrimbo song. :)

Fools Gold. The Stone Roses.

No, but seriously. Al Green. Love and Happiness. Favourite song evar.
And Marvin Gaye, Heard it through the grapevine. Also.

can't really get around that word "ever", i prefer just changing favouritists around once in a while

the Flys' "love and a molotov cocktail" has been the greatest song ever for the last week

I dunno if I could pick just ONE favourite song!
I mean, I love love love with all my heart A Change is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke, and Like A Rolling Stone/Hurricane by Bob Dylan and Roscoe by Midlake and Deceptacon by Le Tigre and Love Will Tear Us Apart and Alone Again Or and Last Goodbye and King of Carrot Flowers and Immune by Low....
actually, nope, can't pick one, sorry!!! I'm a real 'song' person...give me a good song and I'll melt.

I always thought John Peel's choice of Teenage Kicks as his absolute favourite song of all time was a bit lame. (Is it blasphemous to say that?)

couldn't agree more.
Always hated that song.

mind you, in the dying moments of my 19th year I played that song nonstop on my guitar for about an hour, just because

couldn't agree more.
Always hated that song.

mind you, in the dying moments of my 19th year I played that song nonstop on my guitar for about an hour, just because

I don't even hate it. It's a decent enough foot-tapper, nothing more. I'd rather have Feargal Sharkey's A Good Heart as my number one if push for some reason came to shove...

i like a good heart too, "you little thief" was a cracker too -
"you little thief, you little puny"

anyway... favorite songs...

lastfm says "Still life" by van der graaf generator but i'd say

Hallucinating Light by Roy Harper
I'm Ready by Jandek
Hejira by Joni Mitchell
probably loads more...

According to my last.fm yoke, it's a tie between 'Fireman' by Jawbreaker and 'Battery' by Metallica. According to iTunes, it's 'Shovel Headed Kill Machine' by Exodus, and that's probably more accurate because it takes my iPod listening habits into account as well. I've only had iTunes and a last.fm profile for about a year though.

I don't even hate it. It's a decent enough foot-tapper, nothing more. I'd rather have Feargal Sharkey's A Good Heart as my number one if push for some reason came to shove...

Whatever about before, that was blasphemous.

Lots of favourite songs, this one always comes back to me, though its more of a favourite 'sunday song' I think.

Cazuza - Faz Parte do meu Show

Great song, diabolical video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back