WHAT DO YOU WANT???? (1 Viewer)

I would like a set of Fender pick ups for my purple strat.
But will probably buy the irongear versions(on Mooses recomendation)

I'd like a pink strat with a maple fretboard.

Thats about it.

Aww no..hang on..

I'd love a Gibson Melody Maker SG.

They are the buisiness!One pick up..one knob!

Skip the Irongear and get a set of hand wound pups off this guy:

Strat®

This one caught my eye big time, €745 but other side of the world.

1947470_638241292896446_773690754_n.jpg

1978655_638241272896448_838378769_n.jpg

Lovely. I always forget about Orvilles. There's been a Les Paul Custom doing the rounds for a few years. Pops up on Adverts occasionally. Great guitars.

my list deals more with 'needs' than 'wants'.

It's all about the 'wanting'. Guitars and guitar stuff is cool, and we want cool things. It's pretty much the only thing I spend any disposable money on now, on the rare occaisions when I have some.

None of it is needed and I don't feel I'm missing out by not having it though.

Yeah, I've got nice gear and I certainly don't feel I'm lacking anything at all. One of the nice things about having gear though is that if you build up a selection you can swap, chap and change whenever you want. I've only one bit of gear that I'd never shift, otherwise it could all be swapped or sold on a whim.

Yeah my mate Kev used to own that Orville Les Paul Custom, I'm told Orville by Gibson are a step up again. Strangely enough same guy also has an Electra 335 in the same burst as the one above.

Speaking of all things Japanese the mate in Jakarta picked this up for €400, 77 Greco Les Paul custom:

1546165_10152290051855295_775346164_n.jpg

In answer to the thread title

I WANT ROCK AND ROLL

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@moose I think this might fulfill your needs of a 335 Jap copy. Very intertested in it myself but I think I'm gonna get a strat copy first and I've just found a 70's Yamaha strat. All I have to do now is justify the spend.

Maya ES 335 Lawsuit 70 | eBay

thats a lot like the hondo i used to have, which was completely amazing. i only don't have it now because i never actually owned it. some of them have a mahogany spice, which gives amazing low end resonance.

That Greco I posted above was actually €350. Think Damo got his for around the same but in Thailand or somewhere.

Skip the Irongear and get a set of hand wound pups off this guy:

Strat®
Too expensive.

I'm not convinced once I go above about 70 or 80 euro I'd be able to tell the difference between one pup and the next.With the amount of gain I typically use especially

I dunno, I'd still prefer to have 2 real quality guitars rather that 8 cheaper ones.
Bit snobish. Probably why I've only bought 4 in 25 years.

I dunno, I'd still prefer to have 2 real quality guitars rather that 8 cheaper ones.
Bit snobish. Probably why I've only bought 4 in 25 years.
I hear that.

Thats not snobbish..you just want to get a guitar..and for it to do its job.No fuss and no tinkering.And that is totally understandable.

In an ideal world I'd like..

A good strat.A good tele.A good sg and a good acoustic.And something awesome with a p90 in it,Preferably all top shelf guitars.

The way my life is panning out though..I have to settle for what I can scrim together.And thats alright..cos i don't mind tinkering with guitars to make em right for me...I even enjoy it I suppose...gives me something to do when I don't feel like palying the guitar

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back