WHAT DO YOU WANT???? (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking of getting one of those xotic pedals...maybe the bb preamp. Anyone know of a shop that sells them in Dub-a-lin town or surrounding areas?

Will 15 watts be loud enough for you?

Not sure, I'd mainly be using it for practice and the odd bit of home recording. Saw one in a shop on Liffey street and thought it looked pretty sweet. Just wondering if anyone here had used one. I'm looking to get an amp and will have about €400 - €500.

Was also considering this: Orange Crush CR60C - Thomann Ireland

I suppose it depends on what you play. I've always preferred 100w heads. Played through a few 50w and they just didn't do it for me,but then I've had years and years to bond with my 100w heads.

As with most more expensive guitar related items,used could be the way to go.

I want to buy an amp. Don't have a huge pile of money. Thinking of one of these: Vox AC15 C1 - Thomann Ireland Anyone know if they're any use?
I've played through one of these and found it wanting for heft and volume. For me it sounds a lot thinner (more tinny) than the AC 30 which is a big loss.

This on the other hand is a fucking monster. Big, well rounded sound and unbelievably loud. The closest thing to an AC 30 or a Roland Jazz Chorus you'll find without spending huge amounts. There aren't many of them out there but if you find one you'll be really pleased with it. It can pretty much do anything. There are 2 models I think that one is 1X12 which is what I had. But I think there's a 2X12 as well. Not sure, either way it's a fucking monster.

The best amp I ever owned. (Well.... best combo anyway)

I've played through one of these and found it wanting for heft and volume. For me it sounds a lot thinner (more tinny) than the AC 30 which is a big loss.

This on the other hand is a fucking monster. Big, well rounded sound and unbelievably loud. The closest thing to an AC 30 or a Roland Jazz Chorus you'll find without spending huge amounts. There aren't many of them out there but if you find one you'll be really pleased with it. It can pretty much do anything. There are 2 models I think that one is 1X12 which is what I had. But I think there's a 2X12 as well. Not sure, either way it's a fucking monster.

The best amp I ever owned. (Well.... best combo anyway)

That looks deadly. And £100 is not a bad price either.

Also, after seeing this

Gonna have a look around in a few of the shops over the next few days and see what's out there

any one of these Travis Beans:
2076416452_760a5c0c6a_m.jpg

a shot of one of these:
640f923cfd65435dd0f7fcdfcb3f9503d9fd5ad3_1024x1024.jpeg

and some sort of custom plexi-style head or possibly a modded bassman '59

I'd take a 15 Watt tube amp over modern 100 watt solid state any day. 30 watt would be my suggestion but 15 could be grand too depending what you want to do.

Sorry I meant what you want to achieve rather than when you'll use it. Ideally find the AC15 in Dublin and try it out yourself. They're great amps but as previously stated not a huge amount of headroom.

Plenty of AC15s around to try. I was amazing when I saw @mooses band play that bandstand in the park a few months back, the guitar player was playing through an AC15 and it was more then holding its own unmic'ed. They don't stay clean for long, but there's planty of volume in 15 valve watts. You've also got the option of upgrading to a more efficient speaker or preamp tubes that breakup later if you want.

Plenty of AC15s around to try. I was amazing when I saw @mooses band play that bandstand in the park a few months back, the guitar player was playing through an AC15 and it was more then holding its own unmic'ed. They don't stay clean for long, but there's planty of volume in 15 valve watts. You've also got the option of upgrading to a more efficient speaker or preamp tubes that breakup later if you want.

I'd disagree on it holding it's own as none of us could hear more than a nasty buzzing onstage but it seemed to spread better off stage in the open air. Outside of our application the AC15 is a great sounding amp no doubt.

I'd disagree on it holding it's own as none of us could hear more than a nasty buzzing onstage but it seemed to spread better off stage in the open air. Outside of our application the AC15 is a great sounding amp no doubt.

Trust me, you could hear the guitar fine out front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back