What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (5 Viewers)

Reading Ian McEwan's First Love, Last Rites collection at the moment

how are you finding it? it wasn't the first of his stuff i'd read but since then, i can't get the big fuss over atonement, saturday, etc, when there's batshit brilliance like 'complex geometry'.

i'm trawling through a big pile of zines i got recently, but also about to settle into some richard bausch short stories after hearing 'letter to the lady of the house' this week. they delight me in the same way as raymond carver, and on a little reading/lots of hard thinking schedule, short stories rock.

The Toyminator by Robert Rankin, pure fluff, but an enjoyable way to pass a plane journey, like across between Jasper Fforde and Terry Pratchett but not quite as good as either

just read The Unusual Life Of Tristan Smith by Peter Carey and Hemlock & After by Angus Wilson. Carey one was very enjoyable although having read most of his books now the formula is slightly obvious by now. Oscar and Lucinda is still one of my favorites ever though. The wilson one was quite good too

just read The Unusual Life Of Tristan Smith by Peter Carey and Hemlock & After by Angus Wilson. Carey one was very enjoyable although having read most of his books now the formula is slightly obvious by now. Oscar and Lucinda is still one of my favorites ever though. The wilson one was quite good too
I'm reading My Life As a Fake by Peter Carey at the moment. I think it's brilliant. I've read a few of his by this stage, I agree with you about Oscar & Lucinda. What a book.

i bawled my eyes out at oscar and lucinda. the book anyway, can't remember about the film.

other things i have bawled my eyes out at: jimmy corrigan: the smartest kid on earth, the elephant man (the film), of mice and men.

I'm reading My Life As a Fake by Peter Carey at the moment. I think it's brilliant. I've read a few of his by this stage, I agree with you about Oscar & Lucinda. What a book.

i thought my life as a fake was deadly too. did you read Illywhacker? that and the tax inspector would probably be my favorite after O & L.

i thought my life as a fake was deadly too. did you read Illywhacker? that and the tax inspector would probably be my favorite after O & L.
I've read the Illywhacker and the Tax Inspector. I really enjoyed the Illywhacker but wasn't mad on the Tax Inspector. I just found it a little too creepy.

Won a load of sports books on Newstalk. Just finished Trevor Brennan's autobiography, now i'm reading Lawrence Dallaglio's.

You can shove yer literature up yer bollix, Haruki Murakami.

scuse me shane, where the fuck are you?

hi raudi. i am in Tamale, Ghana for the third time in a week. its alright like, but i saw everything there was to be seen here in half an hour one morning last week. i seem to be stuck here for the day now and im too tired to read me book. what are you reading at the moment?

hi raudi. i am in Tamale, Ghana for the third time in a week. its alright like, but i saw everything there was to be seen here in half an hour one morning last week. i seem to be stuck here for the day now and im too tired to read me book. what are you reading at the moment?

the news
and me tax assessment forms

it's time for you to move on boss, youre goin to be home and then off to nz innit?

Tamale is a mexican corn thing, spawned the sayin

She's a hot little tamale!

reading the trouble with physics by lee smolin at the moment. good read, but you do have the nagging feeling that he's pushing his own agenda.

reading the trouble with physics by lee smolin at the moment. good read, but you do have the nagging feeling that he's pushing his own agenda.
I worked in a library once with someone who insisted on referring to that as "The Trouble With Psychics", and not for comedy effect, either, she just wasn't so great on the old reading.

At the moment I'm reading The Book of Dave by Will Self. It's pretty good so far, getting a bit grim with the torture and all now :(

I worked in a library once with someone who insisted on referring to that as "The Trouble With Psychics", and not for comedy effect, either, she just wasn't so great on the old reading.

At the moment I'm reading The Book of Dave by Will Self. It's pretty good so far, getting a bit grim with the torture and all now :(

Cool let us know how you get on with the Wil Self book, loved everything of his I've read so far especially the one with the Apes, whose name escapes me at the mo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back