What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (11 Viewers)

How up to-to-date has he brought it? I heard that he fell out badly with david tibet, but maybe thats not true...
There's a new introduction and one chapter added at the end, otherwise the text seems identical to the original (though I only read it once about 8-9 years ago, I don't own a copy of the first edition). There are lots of colour photos and scans of documents that weren't in the original and the version I bought from the publisher came with an extra book of essays and interviews from the scene and its peripheries (which I'm going to start today).

I don't know anything about Keenan falling out with Tibet but Keenan seems to be done with the subject. I know he ebayed all the stuff Coil gave him as reference material for the book (lots of albums signed and dedicated to him) which I always thought was odd.

The Walking Dead Book 8, aka issues 85-96 of the comic, as published May 2011 - April 2012, all of which appears to have been condensed into about the first 3 episodes of the TV show broadcast this year.

Last edited:
Finished "the sermon on the fall of Rome" by Jerome Ferrari yesterday. That was an excellent read, I really liked it.
I had read his previous novel "where I left my soul" which I thought was ok (the main character in that features as a secondary character in this)

Now I'm on to colum McCann's latest "thirteen ways of looking"

nearly finished Paris, France by gertrude stein

absolute fucking drivel

She observes the French eating, drinking, crossing the street, and carrying out their day in no other way that deviates from their "french-ness". The word "French" quickly becomes a state of being or state of existence. A noun and an adjective.

Sounds awful alright.

The Vitamin Complex by Catherine Price

The story of vitamins.Excellent

Bad News by Edward St Aubyn. Second in the Patrick Melrose series. It's about a wealthy young British junkie who is forced to fly to New York for the weekend to pick up his father's ashes. Horribly, bleakly funny. You can see its influence all over Bret Easton Ellis's books.
getimage.aspx

i have to finish it so i can get rid of it forever

there's one good bit where she gets advice about dogs from picasso though

Burn it afterwards.

The Vitamin Complex by Catherine Price

The story of vitamins.Excellent

Are they a con? Well, the vitamins you buy in a jar I mean, not vitamins as such.

Recently read Tarry Flynn by Patrick Kavanagh and I found parts of it hilarious despite the author/protagonist being a bit of a total nonce. It also gave me insight into how people in rural Ireland of my parents' time and before were constrained by social expectations and saving face. It is not something growing up in '90s suburban Dublin I faced much of, except with regard to my parents.

cousins-517x800.jpg

a book about the lives of 3 Maori cousins over the course of about 50 years. Christ was it ever SAD. One of them's sole pleasure in life is sitting in her bedroom looking at a photo of her mother, she gets very excited when she gets to frame it : (

Recently read Tarry Flynn by Patrick Kavanagh and I found parts of it hilarious despite the author/protagonist being a bit of a total nonce. It also gave me insight into how people in rural Ireland of my parents' time and before were constrained by social expectations and saving face. It is not something growing up in '90s suburban Dublin I faced much of, except with regard to my parents.

Eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back