What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (13 Viewers)

actually bumping that up to 53 cos i missed a bunch

feels a lot better to have gotten past 50. Still pretty weak though.

52 for me though really it should be only 50 as it has the complete Divine Comedy and Inferno as separate entries, same for the complete works of Poe and The Raven.

actually bumping that up to 53 cos i missed a bunch

feels a lot better to have gotten past 50. Still pretty weak though.

Just 47. There's a load I really should have read by now, but probably never will (Jane Austen, the Bronte Sisters, Joseph Conrad, Tolkien etc)

My score was bumped up by all the Stephen King..

Still on a re-reading buzz, before I tackle my Christmas collection.

This is my favourite book from the last few years. The language is amazing, and as @washingcattle said somewhere back there, its great craic. It really is.

davm_cit_9780099549154.jpg

Still on a re-reading buzz, before I tackle my Christmas collection.

This is my favourite book from the last few years. The language is amazing, and as @washingcattle said somewhere back there, its great craic. It really is.

davm_cit_9780099549154.jpg

Been meaning to read that a) because I hear it's very good and b) because the artwork is so similar to one of my favourite books in recent years
Knife_of_Never_letting_Go_cover.jpg

Last edited:
Fools-Crusade.jpg

This one is fascinating, conventional wisdom would have us believe that the collapse of Yugoslavia and the ensuing carnage were as a result of rabid Serb nationalism, this author argues that the Serbs were themselves victims of outside forces (the US and some European states) who, once the cold war had ended, had no more need for Yugoslavia and so wanted it destroyed lest it offer an alternative to neo-liberalism.
I'm not usually given to indulge this sort of conspiracy theory but she's building a compelling case.

Reading Sarah Hall's How To Paint A Dead Man. I'm about 30 pages off the end and though it's been a good read I'm hoping for more of climax. I hope it delivers.

I'd also recommend Money, laugh out loud funny. London fields is bleaker, but still a good read. I really enjoyed The Information, though it's often considered the weaker of the three.

I'm very slowly reading this

6280379.jpg

so far there's about 25 characters and their servants so i'm a bit confused but it might have something interesting to say about the concepts and debates about children's lit so gonna try stick with it

Being Dead by Jim Crace. A middle aged couple are robbed and murdered by an unknown assailant on a secluded beach. Crace describes in detail what happens to their corpses when they lie undiscovered and exposed to the elements for several days. Disgustingly brilliant. Crace is probably my favourite British writer at the moment.

Reading Harvest by him at the minute, he's very good alright. Would you recommend this one to follow it, or one of his other ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back