What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (6 Viewers)

Two strong recommendations then, looking forward to it.

Anyone want to give the "book club" another go, then? Maybe with a more inspiring book for February?

Also I'm being very stupid but am not being presented the option to add that goodreads to my profile. I'm ciarajburke there if anyone has a profile.

Two strong recommendations then, looking forward to it.

Anyone want to give the "book club" another go, then? Maybe with a more inspiring book for February?

Also I'm being very stupid but am not being presented the option to add that goodreads to my profile. I'm ciarajburke there if anyone has a profile.
yeah i'm up for it. you going to choose the book?

should be right below the last.fm option. i added it in for you anyway.

Finished The Marriage Plot on the bus to work yesterday. Have to say scutter; I mostly really liked it. There were elements towards the last third that had me driftin', but on the whole, it kept me engaged (ho ho). Yourself and Jill Hives ; were discussing it somewhere I can't find, but I'll give it....

Seven point five out of Ten

Just stated the new Murakami

So far, so Murakami. Strange but interesting girl, right off the bat...

Actually, I can't see it either (no last-fm either). What am I missing? finally made a few updates to goodreads 'nall

read this last week

41ldg4vxi6l-_ss500_.jpg

and most of this since tuesday

200px-Buick8.jpg

the Updike book is good. Its a pain in the hole at times with long, boring passages, but overall its good and I reckon I'll complete the series.

The Stephen King book is a bit meh. Its ok. Typical enough fare from him. It was something to read while traveling and certainly wouldn't tax the brain too much.

Let us know how it turns out.

I'm ashamed to say I packed it in about half way through,I got very bogged down in the middle ages and once I got past that all interest had been sucked out of me.I will return to it in a month or two and just pick up from WW1 on.

Anyway,back with the Russians again

269131_large.jpg

This one's fascinating so far,some scary statistics in it and I've yet to reach the chapters dealing with the world wars/Stalin's reign.Pertinent too considering Putin's recent talk of arresting and reversing the alarming population decline Russia has been experiencing (Although this article paints a better picture than most)

I read

what-the-birds-see.jpg

To echo I is John, its lovely. Very sad but very easy to get through. Usually when books get very meloncholy I sort of slow, but this was just lovely. Looking forward to getting through some more of her stuff. It's weirdly rare for me to like a protagonist so much.

I started reading "Norweigan Wood" and had to stop about 60 pages in. Really, really not my thing. I thought it was boring, indulgent, emo as all holy hell and the girl we were supposed to give a fuck about was the most annoying...agh. I stopped. I might try "Kafka on the Shore" just to make sure it wasn't a once off.

In the meantime I have moved on to

Then-We-Came-To-The-End-By-Joshua-Ferris.jpg

Which I'm really enjoying. Thanks to those who posted it in this thread. It's quite a jarring perspective but its making me laugh. Also too close to my current working environment for comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back