What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (6 Viewers)

This is for you jonah

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh dear, does the fact that I borrowed 'Karlology: What I've learned so far' by Karl Pilkington from the Jubilee Library today negate this?

You know, oddly that would work as a very geeky chat up line, the answer being 'i'. A really odd grammatically incorrect one, but a pretty awesome one.

That said ANGST. I have no life, etc.

How about:
"Hey baby, would you like to Sokal my hoax?"

Science wars themed sexual harassment.

well, The Tortilla Curtain is the only one out of those three that i've read. it's good but not his best. i would start with Drop City. it was my introduction to him and remains my favourite. World's End, Riven Rock and The Inner Circle are also amazing. I'm going to read The Women next

I listed those because they are readily available to me. Maybe I'll start The Women this week too and when done you can rank it for me.

Last few days:

The-Last-September.jpg

Finished this. I suppose It's humorous enough in parts, gives an interesting insight into the period and has got some appealingly out there metaphors here and there, but too many chunks of it verge towards unreadability for me:

She could not conceive of her country emotionally: it was a way of living, an abstract of several landscapes, or an oblique frayed island, moored at the north but with an air of being detached and washed out west from the British coast.
Not quite sure whether that falls into the 'appealingly out there' or 'unreadable' camp, both probably, anyway: it's over with.

n234478.jpg

Extremely well researched (possibly autobiographical), very well written, laugh out loud funny - seems to have sunk almost without trace. Shame.
Mind you, the 'explosive' ending is contrived and out of place (it cheapened the overarching Sex 'N' Religion theme a bit) and she has the annoying habit of rendering certain characters' speech phonetically (a bugbear of mine), great overall though.

meh, I can get behind her looking like her.

what I can't get behind is casting someone who thought Just Like Heaven would be a good film to make.

But so did Mark Ruffalo. It was dreadful, I must admit but I still like both of them.

Mark Ruffalo was in 13 Going on 30. I can forgive him lots.

I'm a few chapters in on this and it's making me laugh.

200px-One_day_-_david_nicholls.jpg

Oh yeah? I'll have to read it. Have you read Starter for Ten? It's pretty much the book about what it was like to be me when I was 18

Mark Ruffalo was in 13 Going on 30. I can forgive him lots.

You need help.

Oh yeah? I'll have to read it. Have you read Starter for Ten? It's pretty much the book about what it was like to be me when I was 18

Saw the movie but never read the book. The first chapter of One Day pretty much described 21 year old me. Embarrassingly so. I was nearly offended. ;) Highly entertaining thus far, imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back