What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (12 Viewers)

Senna puts together a dramatic family puzzle, with honesty and style. She's speaking at NYPL on May 27 - - Rebecca "Third Wave Feminism" Walker will be interviewing her...pls come!

Start with The Third Policeman would be my advice.

definitely.

I haven't read anything else by him but the third policeman is so great.

And please don't try to read too much into whats going on when hes telling the story. Just go with it. It'll all make sense by the time you're finished.

In other words, if you're cynical at all about it it'll ruin it for you.

crappy library had no flann o'brien. got these instead
n180246.jpg

c11465.jpg

0141003952.JPG

They had good food, wine and cigars. And decided on the best way to kill a few million people.

you should check out auschwitz: the nazis and the final solution by laurence rees. there is a dvd of it as well. utterly soul destroying but very well written/put together. the interviews are unbeleivable. the most harrowing thing i have ever watched/read.

you should check out auschwitz: the nazis and the final solution by laurence rees. there is a dvd of it as well. utterly soul destroying but very well written/put together. the interviews are unbeleivable. the most harrowing thing i have ever watched/read.
i've read this, watched the dvd and also watched nazis: a warning from history. essential viewing/reading. so harrowing but handled very well in rees's hands. the interviews with the auswitchz gaurd are mind boggling

I went with the villa, the lake, the meeting cause it was £0.01 and the reviews were good. I've 5 or 6 different Nazi books, fascinating bunch of lunatics. There's one about IG Farben (Hell's cartel) that sounds good aswell.

The Portrait of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

It's absolutely deadly. Don't know why I never read it before, it's been sitting on my book shelf for about a year. Big mistake.

Atomised by Houellebecq. Seriously one of the best books I've ever read.

I loved the movie Atomised but have never read the book. I tried reading The Possibility Of An Island, but didn't like it. I found the characters too unsympathetic, basically, they're all rich assholes. He's a bit of an enfant terrible though, which is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back