What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (7 Viewers)

a rogue sociologist?

If he's participating that kind of makes him an anthropologist. Which I guess is a bit like a rogue sociologist

True Tales of American Life, edited by Paul Auster. Stories written by the public and read out on the radio show. Pleasant. But not very engaging.

Half way through Capote, In Cold Blood,Looking Good.

Still looking for somthing to match Blood Meridian. Man i wish that book was longer.

'The dirt' by Motley crue at the moment

"We would always scrounge up enough money for an egg burrito from noogles, we would bite the end off and stick our dicks in against the hot meat so when we got home our girlfriends wouldnt smell pussy from fucking anything stupid or drunk enough to get into tommys van"

A classic, nuff said

CharlieBrooker_blog.png

Reading this at the moment.
It's a collection of his articles from the Guardian.

Very funny.
Perfect book for the bathroom.

Just finished A Farewell To Arms by Hemmingway. Pretty disappointing. I think he tries to use his imagination in this one too much. It starts off being more or less about WWI, but then develops into a fairly implausible love story. Silly stuff really.

yeah, doesn't reach the heights of For Whom the Bell Tolls. But to be fair, I think this one is more autobiographical. If he had a boring time of it in the war, which he did really - apart from that bit where his own side wanted to kill him - it was always gonna make for a disappointing book.

Finished off Middlesex last night. I ended up staying up way later than I should have. The last few chapters were so good that it was hard to put down. What a book.

finished it just there now. Great read.

Its almost like 3 different books in one, though the stories in each are so intertwined and important to each other.

Its almost a shame it ended when it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back