What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (14 Viewers)

I was halfway through Cathcer In The Rye there but i left it at a mates house in Dublin.
I'll have to get it back some day so I can finish it.

I started reading Junky by William S. Burroughs t'other day,
tis only teadly.

Last night I picked up Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre as well...not sure what to think of it.
Seems like it's trying way too fucking hard to be "edgy" and "controversial" or summat.
All a bit too tedious, frankly.

I think this is my first post here.Have a lot of time for reading in work.

I read Wall of Pain about Phil Spector last week.Was great.
Read Crazy from the heat this week by Dave Lee Roth.Was gas.
Man he has a bee in his bonnet about Hagar.
Starting Send him home sweating Tommorow.Looks good.

I've gone back to Homicide by David Simon...Started a few months ago but put it down and forgot about it...It's pretty flippin awesome though..

I was halfway through Cathcer In The Rye there but i left it at a mates house in Dublin.
I'll have to get it back some day so I can finish it.

I started reading Junky by William S. Burroughs t'other day,
tis only teadly.

Last night I picked up Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre as well...not sure what to think of it.
Seems like it's trying way too fucking hard to be "edgy" and "controversial" or summat.
All a bit too tedious, frankly.

i liked vernon god little thoughf rom what i recall, it was polled as the top unfinished book by the bbc or something like that

i found ludmilla's broken english, his follow up, to be very tedious

recently read-the damned united (dont believe the hype)
desolation angels-jack kerouac
into the wild-jon whats his name (movie was better i thought)
a woody guthrie auto biography of his younger days,cant recall the name but its an excellent read
matt busby-a strange kind of glory-back when footballers were real men!also an excellent read.

n51287.jpg

started this yesterday.

its about a dog. How could it not be good?

its short too and is fairly easy going. Will be done in a couple of days I reckon.

the reluctant fundamentalist - moshin hamid
Really enjoyed this but i stopped for a day or so just before the end, the lost momentum seemed to spoil it.
i think its something that should be read in one sitting (its a short book) as it'd match the narrative style.
i guess this will only make sense if to anyone who's read it.

I really liked it too. Found it a little cheesey at first

I deduce from your nodding expression that you would be agreebable to more of this delicious tea

But once you get into it, it's deadly.

Finished off Middlesex last night. I ended up staying up way later than I should have. The last few chapters were so good that it was hard to put down. What a book.

Just finished Antartica by Calire Keegan. It's her first book of short stories which i sought out after enjoying her second book Walk the Blue Fields. She's a really gifted writer: bleak accounts of neglected lives, but told with great subtlety and understatement.

I really liked it too. Found it a little cheesey at first

I deduce from your nodding expression that you would be agreebable to more of this delicious tea

But once you get into it, it's deadly.

Finished off Middlesex last night. I ended up staying up way later than I should have. The last few chapters were so good that it was hard to put down. What a book.

My favourite book of the past 10 years. Will definately be going back to read it again sometime soon

I'm Reading Trilobite! by Richard Fortey but having trouble sticking with it, not in the mood for science writing right now. Also 'the good husband of zebra drive' (of the no. 1 ladies' detective agency series) but don't think i'll bother finishing it, the twee and patronizing tone is a bit too much. Enjoying bill bryson 'down under' and thinking about moving to Australia.

I'm Reading Trilobite! by Richard Fortey but having trouble sticking with it, not in the mood for science writing right now. Also 'the good husband of zebra drive' (of the no. 1 ladies' detective agency series) but don't think i'll bother finishing it, the twee and patronizing tone is a bit too much. Enjoying bill bryson 'down under' and thinking about moving to Australia.

i read a bill bryson book once and hated it - the one where he goes on a road trip to visit all the states in america but doesnt bother his hole going to all of them and where because nothing interesting happened to him on the way he had to make up shit that he imagined might have happened if it werent for reality. im never reading another word of his.

n51287.jpg

started this yesterday.

its about a dog. How could it not be good?

its short too and is fairly easy going. Will be done in a couple of days I reckon.

cool book. Also read 'Revolutionary Road' last week. Not bad but not really my cup of tea.

following recommendations here, I'm gonna start Middlesex next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back