What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (8 Viewers)

neil_gaiman.jpg

so so. some good ideas but i found myself losing interest towards the climax. most of the main characters are really irritating

Be careful you don't pick up 'The Russian Debutante's Handjob' by Jerry Shteynfarb.

He sleeps with all his students you know.

i've read two books of his "everyman" and "plot against america". i must say i liked both and in the future will buy more of his stuff. maybe i'll try pastoral next

just finished the plot against america last night - deadly stuff. before i started i thought it would probably be the last roth book i'd read as i wasnt too keen on the others i read but i might read more

finish revolutionary road by Richard Yates yesterday, suddenly fancy working a newyork office in the 1950s, smoking & drinking too much, and having an affair with a guy called george.

Read Candy Girl by Diablo Cody which I liked..
Youth in Revolt by C.D. Payne which was like Adrian Mole but stranger and so deadly..
I'm now almost finished the new David Sedaris which I'm digging a lot..
I'm also working through Bitchfest which is a collection of articles from Bitch magazine which is class..

just finished the plot against america last night - deadly stuff. before i started i thought it would probably be the last roth book i'd read as i wasnt too keen on the others i read but i might read more
the plot against america is a fantastic book. everything else i've read of his has left me cold. boring and bitter. started the broom of the sytem the other night. rip david foster wallace. one of a kind writer

Reading Experience by Martin Amis at the moment. Very much enjoying it, even if sometimes I feel like I don't understand it.

I love that book. I've read it about four or five times at this stage. It's so honest and sad and angry...

51NPP8ZDXZL._SS500_.jpg

I read most of this last night.

Brilliant

Every home should have a copy.

He talks about "the daily mails ongoing ontological campaign to divide all inanimate objects in the world into those that can either cause or cure cancer."

the plot against america is a fantastic book. everything else i've read of his has left me cold. boring and bitter. started the broom of the sytem the other night. rip david foster wallace. one of a kind writer

bitter. i liked I Married A Communist and The Human Stain at the start of each but by the end i disliked the angry bitter characters so much that i couldnt enjoy the books at all.

"The Untouchable" by John Banville. Took me a few weeks to get through it, but worth the effort as however dense his works, Banville's prose is a thing to admire.

51NPP8ZDXZL._SS500_.jpg

I read most of this last night.

Brilliant

Every home should have a copy.

He talks about "the daily mails ongoing ontological campaign to divide all inanimate objects in the world into those that can either cause or cure cancer."

He writes the Bad Science column for the Guardian doesn't he? At least half his colum every week is devoted to whatever cod science Daily Mail has made up this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back