What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (6 Viewers)

n68127.jpg

I'm about 20 pages away from the end of this. I'm not exactly sure about it yet. Birdsong was the only other one of his I'd red and I enjoyed that. There's some really good passages in this and it's well observed but I'm still a bit underwhelmed.

I'm reading The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain. Am really enjoying it.Next is Kitchen Confidential and A Cook's Tour which I got new for a fiver in Chapters today!SWEET!

I'm reading The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain. Am really enjoying it.Next is Kitchen Confidential and A Cook's Tour which I got new for a fiver in Chapters today!SWEET!

Kitchen Confidential is a great read. The whole celebrity chef thing is getting over populated and tedious, but this guy is the genuine article.

There's a funny bit in The Nasty Bits where he's giving out about celebrity chefs who don't actually cook anymore. I mean when was the last time Bourdain was on the line:) I'm intent on going to Les Halles when I'm in New York though..He's the Chef-At-Large apparently but I kinda wanna see the place that I've read about!

i've finished "platform" by miche houellebecq last weekend. i felt it was good but lacked the punch of atomised

now i'm reading

bring on the apocalypse: 6 arguments for social justice by george monbiot

american pastoral by philip roth

eva luna by isabel allende

Reading this at moment - its not bad but I'm a little dissapointed. It has all the elements I lose pseudo-historical - sent in 19th century etc etc but i just feel its alittle flant and unenvolving. Has any one read THE DANTE CLUB by the same guy?

the_poe_shadow.jpg

I'm thinking of picking up that Granta book - it's down to €13 in paperback in Hodges Figgis at the moment.

Yeah you should, it's a total keeper. Normally I don't like hardbacks but I'm kinda glad I got this as a H/B (it was about 18 on the book depository) as I know it's the kind of thing I'll reread and dip into a lot. For €13 it's a steal.

Reading this at moment - its not bad but I'm a little dissapointed. It has all the elements I lose pseudo-historical - sent in 19th century etc etc but i just feel its alittle flant and unenvolving. Has any one read THE DANTE CLUB by the same guy?

the_poe_shadow.jpg

similar cover, same stupid kind of idea

interpretationofmurder.jpg

hated every second of it

I found Alex James' book to be self indulgent twaddle..I love music related books and I've read some shite but even i found it intolerable;)

did you read that thing he wrote for the sunday times where he basically apologised for the whole book after he saw what the cocaine trade does to columbia?

gas stuff altogether

I'm reading 'Down and Dirty Pictures' by Peter Biskind..I'm only about 3 chapters in but I like it so far.

I've got about ten books on my to do list so I'm gonna be powering my way through this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back