What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (1 Viewer)

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Finished Hyperion by Dan SImmons - it was deadly. Now reading his novel Summer of Night which is quite good and has a similar story to Stephen King's IT.

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Contributor
Threads
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
The last book that totally engrossed me was My Year of Rest and Relaxation, it's also unbelievably mean-spirited which might make it funny or not, depending on the person. Fairly sure @jonah thinks i'm a bad person for liking it so much though.
Update: Finally started this today, on chapter 3 and I have laughed A LOT. Her descriptions of certain people are so spot on (being of the same age) and living in a near by city. However it annoys me that she said she was born in 1973 but turned 25 in 2000, that doesn't add up. How did no one catch this?

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
Finished Hyperion by Dan SImmons - it was deadly. Now reading his novel Summer of Night which is quite good and has a similar story to Stephen King's IT.
Just read all the Hyperion sequels in one go, they just get better and better, it's easily one of the greatest space opera series there is. Fuck I have to read these again

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
A sci-fi version of The Canterbury Tales??

Jesus, you fucking nerds. Even i'm not that bad

Update: Finally started this today, on chapter 3 and I have laughed A LOT. Her descriptions of certain people are so spot on (being of the same age) and living in a near by city. However it annoys me that she said she was born in 1973 but turned 25 in 2000, that doesn't add up. How did no one catch this?
Right, this bugged me so I went and checked and it's not in my edition, "On August 20, 2000, I turned twenty-seven"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads