What are you listening to RIGHT NOW? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 96K
  • Watchers 14
Status
Not open for further replies.
gonjasufi.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To prepare myself for ... well the only reason I'm going to the Kilkenny Rhythm & Roots this weekend, I have been listening to Caitlin Rose on repeat over and over and over. Is it weird to go to see three of her shows in two days?

If anyone else is heading down this weekend, I would STRONGLY reccommend you catch one of her shows. She's charming as all hell.

I'm listening to the Harlem Hippies who sound like the sort of lo-fi garagey band everyone on thumped would love and know everything about and i'd be left completely bemused as to where they came from and why I'd never heard of them before and why I wasn't at their gig in the sugar club in 2004.

Difference being that I quite like them this time

in my head that crimson album and that floyd album are polar opposites from different worlds.

any chance just start threads about bands. its much more interesting then this 500 page heap that nobody will ever trawl through. to actually participate in this thread i could easily put itunes on shuffle and update any four mins - that would be its pinnacle i think.

i suppose people would get annoyed if i was to start derepping people for posting on this thread? its almost conversation proof.

ok then, i'll start a thread later tonight.

and maybe you and theodore and scutter will reply and that will be it because NO ONE POSTS ON THUMPED ANYMORE.

also because no one has any interest in any of the bands I like and I get tired of talking to myself

no its nothing to do with you or any individual shaney. i just thought/think sometimes that this is a thread that doesnt encourage much talk about music. if somone likes something enough to post a new thread, it might encourage another to check it out, or if four or five like it then it will actually turn conversational. i could be totaly wrong though, john could be right. its a curiosity. i certainly never open this thread beyond a page or two.

I'm listening to the Harlem Hippies who sound like the sort of lo-fi garagey band everyone on thumped would love and know everything about and i'd be left completely bemused as to where they came from and why I'd never heard of them before and why I wasn't at their gig in the sugar club in 2004.

Difference being that I quite like them this time

ho, ho, turns out the band is called Harlem and the album is called 'Hippies'. Boy would my face be red if i'd already started that thread

To prepare myself for ... well the only reason I'm going to the Kilkenny Rhythm & Roots this weekend, I have been listening to Caitlin Rose on repeat over and over and over. Is it weird to go to see three of her shows in two days? QUOTE]

Not really! Folk can do that to you. I went through a Jolie Holland twang crush at break neck speed a year or so ago.

jolie_holland_bp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back