What are these files? (1 Viewer)

robitusson

Weird looking files that are in my trash.
Weirdfiles2.png

They won't delete either. If I press "get info" the window thingie opens up and then disappears really quickly and then the file disappears. Then it's back next time I open the trash. Can't drag them out onto the desktop or anywhere else. Very strange. Anyone got any ideas?

do you run windows over boot camp or parallels ?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1533121

the other option might be to use terminal and login as root to try and delete the files.

use spotlight to find the app 'terminal'

then type 'su root'

this will log you in as the root user in your home directory. if you type ls you should see a folder called .Trash

type 'cd .Trash' then do another ls to see if you see the files. if the files are there use the rm command to get rid of them

rm <filename>

Cool. I'll give that a try. Thanks.
I don't have a clue what bootcamp does. It's been on the desktop since I got the bloody thing. Still got no idea what it's for.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1533121

the other option might be to use terminal and login as root to try and delete the files.

use spotlight to find the app 'terminal'

then type 'su root'

this will log you in as the root user in your home directory. if you type ls you should see a folder called .Trash

type 'cd .Trash' then do another ls to see if you see the files. if the files are there use the rm command to get rid of them

rm <filename>
Couldn't bloody do it. Too complimicated for my 'pooter skills. They don't seem to be doing anything to the machine anyway much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back