Wexford (Yeah, seriously.) (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
We were thinking of trying to get away for the weekend, on the offchance that wankers haven't booked up everything for stupid Valentine's day.

Anyone gone on a weekend there lately and know any decent hotels, or even any tips on where to go? We don't have a car, and were hoping for somewhere accessible by train, preferably by the sea, but somewhere we could take a couple of nice hearty walks in a pretty spot to recharge because stress is going to give me a bursted brain muscle if I don't get out of Dublin for a few days.

Doesn't have to be Wexford, just somewhere that doesn't take too long to get to, but is further than, you know, Bray or summat. Wondering if anyone's been anywhere nice lately that they can recommend.

theres a thai restaurant in wexford town jane called the vine tree and its just incredible.
better thai food than what we ate in thailand!
was only there for a weekend before the summer and we spent most of the time in our friends house.
its a nice town and its got a beach which is always good.
take ye an hour and a half to get down on the train.

i love driving down to wicklow at weekends in the car, sunroof open, aviator sunglasses, sweater wrapped around my neck sorta thing.

enjoy.

Cool, thanks!

Checked the Talbot, but it's booked up, as I suspected most places would be. Which they are. Gah. Stupid Valentine's Day. I wish there was a secret code word where if you said it, the staff would be all, "Why yes, we do have a booking for someone who just needs a fucking break already..."

We're just consoling ourselves with the fact that if we were able to get a booking anywhere, it woudl be full of Valentine's people and there'd be hearts and flowers everywhere, and we'd both end up punching things.

Gah.

Triple gah.

We're still trying because we're either stubborn or stupid, but hey, came across some deadly gaffs for future reference, and these restaurants sound great. Thanks, dudes!

Kelly's hotel - award winning spa and whatnot, and you can walk on the beach

is this too late? try kilmore quay (not sure bout spelling) very nice, we stayed
in a cute cottage there a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back