Weekend with your Ma (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
I had one

That is all

(ho ho ho)

Seriously but, I want to go away somewhere in Ireland with my Ma for a weekend in September. Nothing swanky but something scenic, nice, preferably near a village where there's pubs with music and other stuff to do. I'm looking for names of B&B's or hotels or whatever. Has anyone gone anywhere rad recently? Oh, Westport is out of the question, as is anywhere in Galway as that is where she lives. Recommendations for Donegal, Kerry or Cork particularly welcome.

Alternatively, some hippy shit would be cool- y'know, meditation and veggie food and shit like that. Actually, this would be quite nice if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks and sorry if it's in the wrong forum but nobody reads the travel forum really.

I had one

That is all

(ho ho ho)

Seriously but, I want to go away somewhere in Ireland with my Ma for a weekend in September. Nothing swanky but something scenic, nice, preferably near a village where there's pubs with music and other stuff to do. I'm looking for names of B&B's or hotels or whatever. Has anyone gone anywhere rad recently? Oh, Westport is out of the question, as is anywhere in Galway as that is where she lives. Recommendations for Donegal, Kerry or Cork particularly welcome.

Alternatively, some hippy shit would be cool- y'know, meditation and veggie food and shit like that. Actually, this would be quite nice if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks and sorry if it's in the wrong forum but nobody reads the travel forum really.

Go to Strandhill in Sligo. Massive beach to walk, Knocknarea to climb, nice pubs and Sligo town is only 5 mins drive away.

Ha, your ma is a hippie.

Isn't Skibbereen and Schull full of that hippy shit? I wouldn't know because when I was there the other weekend, the fog was like something outta that movie that had loads of fog in it. Couldn't see a thing. Bantry's grand, too. Good fish restaurangs around the harbour.

I wouldn't know because when I was there the other weekend, the fog was like something outta that movie that had loads of fog in it.

Speed II?

Potlatch you may notice from Maims Bond's post that my ma is a hippy, therefore we don't eat fish. DUH. Thanks but. Sligo's out because we have family there but yeah- it's lovely.

Kenmare- sounds good. Skibbereeen and Shulll too.. these are all great. Even hearing town names is a good place to start as I only know Ballinasloe and Firhouse.

Thanks folks. Keep em comin.

Glengarriff in West Cork is the shiznit. You can get a ferry to Garnish Island, see the seals (but you can't club them if you're a lentil-eating non-washer). Also a little gem of a beach nearby called Zetland Pier and Glengarriff woods.

Cork, Cobh and thereabouts. Fota, sea, walking around looking at stuff. Loads of eccentric wealthy elderly lonely men to ride.....

Glengarriff in West Cork is the shiznit. You can get a ferry to Garnish Island, see the seals (but you can't club them if you're a lentil-eating non-washer). Also a little gem of a beach nearby called Zetland Pier and Glengarriff woods.

keep an eye out for the kidney saxifrage in glengarriff woods. didnt see any sign of it myself. ah, its grand there. other cork spots - kilcrohane or ahakista, cape clear island, durrus, kanturk

My two favorite places so far (I only have Wexford and Waterford left to visit) was Sheep's Head (the walk is AMAZING) and the whole Crookshaven-Bantry area & Malin Head/Greencastle area of Donegal. You can even take the ferry over and see the Giants Causeway too.

Ooh lots of Waterford is very pretty, like Annestown, and Cheek Point and Dunmore East, lots of lovely seaside towns and great beaches.

Ooh lots of Waterford is very pretty, like Annestown, and Cheek Point and Dunmore East, lots of lovely seaside towns and great beaches.

I was reading about the copper cliffs and the bog (that a town bought together) in Waterford, which looks beautiful. I need to finish up my county tour this summer. Apparently there is some magnetic area there too that can move cars? I love weird stuff like that.

Kenmare is lovely, nice pubs and restaurants, by the sea, lovely walks and some nice shops.

this is where i'm from. gets more touristy every year. best avoided during the height of the summer season but is probably much nicer by around september.
not far to travel to places like glengarriff/bantry.
plenty of good hippyish stuff to do see round the beara peninsula. also: http://www.dzogchenbeara.org/

this is where i'm from. gets more touristy every year. best avoided during the height of the summer season but is probably much nicer by around september.
not far to travel to places like glengarriff/bantry.
plenty of good hippyish stuff to do see round the beara peninsula. also: http://www.dzogchenbeara.org/

I've usually been down there around September or October so I guess I've avoided the tourists.

I was reading about the copper cliffs and the bog (that a town bought together) in Waterford, which looks beautiful. I need to finish up my county tour this summer. Apparently there is some magnetic area there too that can move cars? I love weird stuff like that.

there's a place in Norn Iron, in the Mournes, that does the magnetic thing too, it's called the S of Spelga. I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back