Web Hosting etc. (1 Viewer)

dirty ol dub

Anyone here ever set up a site for their band? I'm just wondering if there is a well know and cheap service provider people usually run with?

Cheers,

itchy said:
www.asgard.net is good and cheap but you can't get .ie address with them
I've had fierce trouble with these guys. I bought a domain name off them. And I started having problems (still have infact) and when I email them they generally ignore me for weeks. as explanation for this delay they told me that they offer domains at cost so they don't make any profit and therefore aren't really interested in maintaining them.

be warned

FancyGoods said:
I've had fierce trouble with these guys. I bought a domain name off them. And I started having problems (still have infact) and when I email them they generally ignore me for weeks. as explanation for this delay they told me that they offer domains at cost so they don't make any profit and therefore aren't really interested in maintaining them.

be warned

Did you get them to host your site or just buy the domain of them

Cheers,

All I'm looking to do right now is to secure the domain name but do most places want a host address or something before you can purchase the domain name?

I'm hoping to get this set up this week (probably do it tonight), my main package is 150mb space and 2gb transferr/month for a tenner a year. Drop me a pm if you're interested and i'll set you up as a priority.

I use 2globalmart

I've got four sites on it and it's got a pretty nifty web-mail facility. No problems for me with these guys.
It's working out around $15 a month for this.

Will check out the others down the line though.

Wow that's cheap Alex
I use www.ez-web-hosting.com, their cheapest is $6 a month for 100MB (I pay €19 a month for 1GB hosting)

are you still using this crowd? ive been using them but lately i've been finding that the site wont open sometimes (like this morning) and neither will the contol panel. annoying. im pretty sure traffic hasnt gone over any limits etc

edit: its back now. typical. there was all these mysql error messages yesterday so i sent a message to the tech support chatroom and as soon as the guy went to check it out it started working fine again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back