We are at war with a terrorist organisation named Islam (1 Viewer)

Latex lizzie

just shows you the ground feeling in the states. I'm saddend that these guys use the "freedom of speech" idea and twist it to suit their own ends. When muslim clerics are branded as hate filled these christians will probably be lionised by half of middle america.

conservative radio host Michael Graham was suspended by WMAL-AM after his 25 July broadcast drew protests from the Council on American-Islam Relations.

According to CAIR, Graham, who had a daily three-hour talk show on WMAL, had said: "We are at war with a terrorist organisation named Islam."

No retraction

On his website on Monday, Graham said WMAL had asked him to retract his comments about Islam and deliver an on-air apology. "I refused," he said. "And for that refusal, I was fired."

Muslim group CAIR welcomed the
action against Michael Graham

WMAL president and general manager Chris Berry told the industry publication Radio & Records: "Some of Michael's statements about Islam went over the line - and this isn't the first time that he has been reprimanded for insensitive language and comments.

"I asked Michael for an on-air acknowledgment that some of his remarks were overly broad and inexplicably he refused."

CAIR executive director Nihad Awad said on Monday: "Although we are saddened that Michael Graham would not take responsibility for his hate-filled words, we do welcome WMAL's action as a step towards removing some of the harmful anti-Muslim rhetoric that fill our nation's airwaves."

Graham blamed the Muslim group for his firing. "As a fan of talk radio, I find it absolutely outrageous that pressure from a special interest group like CAIR can result in the abandonment of free speech and open discourse on a talk radio show," he said.

in the article also calls for the assasination of Hugo Chavez.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/64428423-10B4-43C1-A38D-D93D05C26741.htm
this jingoistic shit makes me so mad I wanna puke.

whatever. it's noise and static. he's marketing himself for his next job, setting up his niche, enabling advertisers to access a particular audience. the usual. yeah, it's shit, but it's a symptom, not a cause.

however...

Latex lizzie said:
I'm saddend that these guys use the "freedom of speech" idea and twist it to suit their own ends.
everybody uses freedom of speech for their own ends. there's no 'twisting' going on here. if freedom of speech exists, it exists for shit you hate as much as stuff you agree with. that's the whole point.

Sorry I should have said the twisted version of freedom of speech that exists in the US. Say what you want as long as it agrees with the administration.No talk of him being deported anywher..or jailed or anything. Double standars on a grand scale just annoy me.Of course he lost his job, he will get a highr paid one in a christian fundmentalist radio staion or whatever and a secret thanks from bUsh et al.

beetleonitsback said:
yeah, it's shit, but it's a symptom, not a cause.
i'm not entirely convinced that stuff like this isn't 'the cause'...of course, it should be noted i am neither a sociologist, nor a political scientist. it just seems to me these sorts of 'grassroots' hate campaigns are likely more responsible for the situation than we normally give them credit for.

Cindy Sheehan has an answer
http://dcmediagirl.com/index.php?entry=entry20050820-132610
8/20/05 13:26:10

Batshit insane bigot, hater and wife/child abuser, the "Reverend" Fred Phelps, helpfully fills Cindy Sheehan in on why her son died in Iraq:

Why did your son die in Iraq? Because you raised him for the devil and Hell. You hated him. You taught him "It’s OK to be gay," and other God-rejecting lies, that brought the wrath of God Down upon this evil nation.

Why did your son die in Iraq? Because God hates America and has purposed to destroy her. They turned America over to fags; they’re coming home in body bags.

You can call the Westboro Baptist "Church" at (785) 273-0325 and let them know what you think of this style of "ministry".

just on the freedom of speech trip again:

February 1, 2006
Capitol Police Arrest Activist Sheehan
By REUTERS
Filed at 6:59 a.m. ET

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/news/news-bush-speech-sheehan.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Activist Cindy Sheehan was arrested in the House of Representatives chamber on Tuesday shortly before President George W. Bush gave his State of the Union address because she refused to cover up an anti-war slogan on her shirt.

Sheehan, who was attending the speech as the guest of U.S. Democratic Rep. Lynn Woolsey of California, was taken from the Capitol in handcuffs and charged with unlawful conduct, said Capitol Police Sgt. Kimberly Schneider.

A Reuters photographer said Sheehan entered the House gallery a few minutes before Bush was to speak and was directed to her seat. She had been seated for less than a minute when a plainclothes Capitol Police officer took her by the arm, said, ''You've got to leave,'' and rushed her from the gallery.

Sheehan did not resist and left with a smile. Rather than hearing Bush say in his speech that there would be no sudden U.S. withdrawal from Iraq, Sheehan was being processed at the U.S. Capitol Police headquarters near the Capitol.

Schneider said Sheehan was arrested because she was wearing a T-shirt with an anti-war slogan and refused to cover it up. She said the unlawful conduct charge carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail.

Sheehan, who became a central figure for the U.S. anti-war movement after her son Casey was killed in the Iraq war, won wide attention with an anti-war vigil outside Bush's Texas ranch.

Sheehan and other activists were arrested in September for protesting outside the White House without a permit, a misdemeanor that carriers a $50 fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back