washingcattle's STOP SNITCHIN thread (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
The last thing I wanted was to turn this thread into a debate on the moral aspects of snitching. Egg, I don't agree with you, I think private citizens should mind there own business and the government do like wise, there is the old Henry Thomas Buckle quote “Society prepares the crime, the criminal commits it” If the authorities can't keep there windows closed their shit gets stolen.

Fiddling the system makes you a criminal, fair enough but snitching falls under a completely different code of morals and It's got nothing to do with class, gender race or any other bollox sub division anyone wants to mention.

So fuck this debate on morals, Form a "moral issues thread" and discuss it till you turn to dust like every other philosophical ape.

I do not in any way mean this post to sound hostile if it does I appologise, I feel like I accidentally lead us off the point here (for which I also appologise)

Ok dude, discussion moved. I have no interest in philosophy, but I am interested in making the place I live into a nicer place to live.

Here an example from my own life - some local head-the-ball is dumping lorry loads of rubbish into the ditch up the hill, which is not only illegal and fucking manky but fucks up the (already poor) drainage in the surrounding land. Here's another example - someone in work boasts to me about how her extravagantly wealthy da is avoiding tax. Here's another - some fucker 100m ahead of me on the road is obviously pissed and a danger to other road users. You think I should mind my own business? Why?

where was this moved from? what happened?

Anyway. Even saying "snitching" isn't helpful. My sons' school has a very successful anti bullying policy in place that is just "tell someone".

Do you love bullies?

Ok dude, discussion moved. I have no interest in philosophy, but I am interested in making the place I live into a nicer place to live.

Here an example from my own life - some local head-the-ball is dumping lorry loads of rubbish into the ditch up the hill, which is not only illegal and fucking manky but fucks up the (already poor) drainage in the surrounding land. Here's another example - someone in work boasts to me about how her extravagantly wealthy da is avoiding tax. Here's another - some fucker 100m ahead of me on the road is obviously pissed and a danger to other road users. You think I should mind my own business? Why?

1.Here an example from my own life - some local head-the-ball is dumping lorry loads of rubbish into the ditch up the hill, which is not only illegal and fucking manky but fucks up the (already poor) drainage in the surrounding land.
Ride his bird

2.Here's another example - someone in work boasts to me about how her extravagantly wealthy da is avoiding tax

Shoot both of them

3.Here's another - some fucker 100m ahead of me on the road is obviously pissed and a danger to other road users.

Drive him off the road, shoot him and ride his bird

If someones way of life is impinging on others ability to happily live theirs, then rat on the fuckers. If you're doing no-one any harm by doing what you're doing then people should mind their fuckin own.

If someones way of life is impinging on others ability to happily live theirs, then rat on the fuckers. If you're doing no-one any harm by doing what you're doing then people should mind their fuckin own.

well said.only rat on paedo's/rapists and even then if you can sort it out without the polis diy all the way .|..|

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

randy.jpg

The OP, yesterday.

harper lee / to kill a mockingbird said:
When he gave us our air-rifles Atticus wouldn't teach us to shoot. Uncle Jack instructed us in the rudiments thereof; he said Atticus wasn't interested in guns. Atticus said to Jem, "I'd rather you shot at tin cans in the back yard, but I know you'll go after birds. Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." That was the only time I ever hear Atticus say it was a sin to do something, and I asked Miss Maudie about it. "You're father's right," she said. "Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mocking bird."

wiki said:
When the survey voyage of HMS Beagle visited the Galápagos Islands in September to October 1835, the naturalist Charles Darwin noticed that the mockingbirds Mimus thenca differed from island to island, and were closely allied in appearance to mockingbirds on the South American mainland. Nearly a year later when writing up his notes on the return voyage he speculated that this, together with what he had been told about Galápagos tortoises, could undermine the doctrine of stability of species. This was his first recorded expression of his doubts about species being immutable, which led to him being convinced about the transmutation of species and hence evolution.[4] It was only after the ship returned to England that he found out about the better known Darwin's Finches.

Noun
stool pigeon (plural stool pigeons)
(slang) A decoy or an informer, especially one who is a spy for the police.

yeah so basically if we cant tell the truth we cant evolve. stigmasting someone with the ability to tell the truth, through the metaphor's of birds and as a 'snitch' if probably bad.

how does one get down to the nitty gritty of snitching anyway?

Do you ring up the coppers, or the local tax office or what?

I kind of snitched on neighbours of mine one time.

Well, alright, so it was a gaff full, like, fucking full of people over the road from me. There would be people leaving and going all day and night, it was a bit mental. Strange things would happen if you looked out your window at night, I saw one of them bribing the garbage men to take all this stuff away, every day some bizzare shit would be going on with one or other of them.

At the same time they managed to have loads of insano alarms everywhere, cars, gaffs, all over the shop. They were shit alarms, so they would go off a lot, and amazingly they would just keep going off. I never really understood what the deal was, if they were ignoring them or there was no one there. The chances of no one being there seemed remote since about 30 people lived in the gaff though. Sometimes you would see people lurking about, but I think it was to do with them being Muslim and the people in the house being woman and not wanting to go out without wearing the right clothing and so on.

So..., well, I rang the Fire Brigade one day where there had been a really bad alarm going off inside the house basically the whole day one Saturday. It was getting on my tits. I had a suspicion the place was empty but I rang them all the same.
They came over, and had a good look around, and I think they notified the town of some dodgy shit they saw in the place since the town is all over them like a bad smell now. That was my nearest thing. Actually now that I think of it, it wasn;t me that did the call, it was the missus, she got in a flap about the baby getting woken up and it pushed her over the edge. Still, I sort of had a snitchy feel about myself for the day.

Anyway, the mechanics of snitching. How does one correctly proceed?

I've been down the cop shop twice in the last month giving statements on different accidents I saw. In both cases I got a sense that the actual person responsible for them was going to get away scot free while an innocent person caught up in it was gonna get the blame.

I did so because I'd truly hope if I was in that position someone would speak up for me.

Snitching isn't black or white. There are many examples where doing so probably isn't the right or moral thing to do. Moreso though, its the right thing to do. Sure just look at that poor woman down in Kerry. Spoke up against some prick that raped her, was obviously berated for doing so, but how can anyone (other than the good people of Listowel) say that what she did was wrong?

It all depends. In most cases I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I'm with Serpico and TK on this.

It depends on the transgression.Someone who's genuinely otherwise skint, nixerin' whilst in receipt of the scratch is grand.Brothers got billz.
Someone who causes grief,injury etc to a person...snitch away,its you're duty.
Someone who's has,evading paying their share is bad but I wouldnt snitch.

Like heres one for you.I showed up pissed to collect my nipper from her granparents(her folks not mine)on Friday.The customer in work brought the lads a slab and we milled it there and then.Grandma fucking grassed me up to me bird.

THAT WAS BANG OUT OF ORDER.

No I was'nt,are you mad????I was in a taxi,with her car seat an everything.

They're a pair of moany boots tbperfectlyh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back