Warzonefest 203 survivor logbook entry:- (1 Viewer)

scrawlzine

Website
www.scrawled.co.uk
I am registering this post as the first "survivor" of the Sat night that was Warzonefest 2003. Whoever gave me that funny looking bit of black muck which made my head go mad ever since deserves a prize. I keep hallucinating my fingertips melting into the keyboard as I type. Quite mad. All I can think of is Scald and the mesmerising awesomeness of Snowblood - one of the truly greatest things ever gracing our Donegall Lane stage. Respect.

I have also survived Saturday night. Personally I thought Knifed and In Decades Decline were both amazing last night, especially the bit during Knifed's set where the two wee kids ran up and Mero started talking to them. Unfortunately I missed Snowblood due to watching the door, oh well.
Bring on Sunday, Condemned are going to be brilliant!

If anyone has any good photos or even video footage of the knifed gig can they get us copies?thanks.
Snowblood were insane.

fuckin amazin weekend, puget sound finally got it together in belfast, knifed got me all sticky, jinn were clawsss, ken fell outta the rafters and mac got nekkid.
im off for a wee cry.

Personally, I was disappointed there wasn't more nudity. That and boyfriends on LSD with girlfriends crying...

So any of youse heads heading over for ZoroFest Leipzig or SPMB Fest Liege?? For the dogshit an' all. Bring us a 2 litre if you are. And some Tayto's.

Survived.

Covered in scars.

Still tired & emotional.

I stand by my nakedness. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

'Seventeen Years Of Hell' by The Partisans never sounded so poignant - still want to start crying.

Weekends like that only happen once or twice in a lifetime.

I'm listening to the recording of xKNIFEDx as I type. There'll be copies of their sets heading out to all the bands that gave such sterling service.

Thanks to all the kids that came along, all the workers, all the bands, special thanks to Marty Billiards for doing sound so I could rock out to In Decades Decline, Stand Up Guy, Hexxed, Bad Boat, Killing Spree and the mighty Yout'.

KOTSP... reading about the Warzone D&D game just made me think 'Legacy' would be a good name for a new collective...

me bag.

hey glynn,just wondering did u find my bag and sleeping bag in the warzone? the bag is black with green,and has only one shoulder strap and the sleeping bag is a purple (eurohike i think) one with black straps?cheers.

sounds mental. pissed i missed it. as i was coming off the train at connolly, i saw a group o punks sittin on the ground and was begining to regret my decision to go to cavan...not that i didnt have mad tricks,but,well...dammit

but no one can stop talking about snowblood, do they have any recordings available?

top five list of the weekend (in no particular order!)
* scald...fucking hell
* the naut.... extra fucking hell
* ken's rafter moment
* already dead getting called "contemporary avant garde jazz fusion" or something along those lines
* actually loads of other stuff that went over my head in a haze of happiness.

my favourite bit was the falling down the stairs but not dropping my drink ill have a nice scar to remember the last warzone by.well done and thanks to all for the hardwork that the warzone lot did this year and all the other years /weeks as well..

Just about made it, drank too much bloody Hackler, didn't take enough krazy drugs, got puked on (you know who you are!!!) danced for hours to 80's music, shouting "lets get FABulous!", partook in two football matches, a break-dancing competition and a skateboarding competition, both in the cafe. Rocked the shit out to - The Naut, The Yout', Stand Up Guy, other bands I can't reamember. Went up there with no money and came back with less, Fucking .|..| :p .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back