Wart of the Worlds (1 Viewer)

I am willing to bet they didn't have dettol in 1898.

oh shit said:
yeah but we haven't beaten our own germs, look at MRSA.

i just think the aliens should have prepared some dettol or maybe even a few space suits til they got it sorted.
i didn't even bother going to see the time machine. though i did see an old film of it on tv recently which was actually ok.

If I can bring the nerd level up in here just a little bit... In the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic, they did the War of the Worlds thing, and it ends with the LXG fucking a load of anthrax (that they got from Dr. Moreau!) at the martians, and telling the population it was just random bacteria. I was kinda hoping for something similar in this movie - bummer :(

Wavioli said:
The noise out of the tripods is cool though. BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRK!

What?! They don't say OOOoooooLaaaaagh!! That was deadly (the cassette tape version that used to frighten the bejesus out of me as a kid)
.|..|

begrudgingly, because I hated it, I will defend the ending - that's what happens in the book, bacteria kill them and he is reunited with his wife, as represented by the reunion with his son. They did it lame-o fashion though.

and all the stuff about 'is it terrorists!??'

ms.b.haven said:
what a retarded fucking ending

violence menace and peril my bum

yes very 9/11.

it should have been "based" on the book and not taken chapter by chapter - the ending was full of !cheezy and it could have been explained better - i wanted to know how his son managed to dodge those flames

kirstie said:
and all the stuff about 'is it terrorists!??'

Fuck sake, the son definitely should have died, yeh.
Like, they make the audience kinda deal with his death (as if anyone reeeeeeeeeally gave a shite anyway, the cheeky little bollix) and then just bring him back up perfectly fine in Bawston. Loada shite. Would be just like the cheeky fucker to trick everyone into thinkin' he was dead and then to come back. More full o' cheek than ever.
The cheek of him was unnaaatural.

how did the army tanks work when everything else didn't. i'm just glad i didn't pay 12 quid for the luxury cinema to see the fucking thing.

Tom Cruise + films = bad

isn't it amazing when people have a right to their own opinions?

therecklessone said:
Risky Business, Top Gun, and Magnolia says different.

Though Days of Thunder and Far and Away...:confused:

Breeding%20Stock%20-%20Lambs%20-%20Conform.jpg
spaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
therecklessone said:
Miaow to the max!!!

Fuck sake, wrong side of the bed this morning? Didn't get any truncheon at the weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back