Warning! (3 Viewers)

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
Saw a clip for DD though and it looks tits -

...does that mean good?

anyway Donnie Darko looks like the best thing ever, time travelling things and giant rabbits and world endings and Drew Barrymore all set in a high school in the 80's!!!

and Patrcik Swayze

a . m . a . z . i . n . g . ! . ! . !

woo!!

Originally posted by BAD LUNATIC
Its a movie by Harmony Korine, the kid who wrote 'Kids' and directed the follow up to Gummo, 'Julien Donkey Boy'. Gummo is unreal. Little inbred kids sniffing glue and listening to death metal whilst whipping cats to death. deadly.

It's very good. I've only seen it the once though.

Kids was one of the best films ever.
Another Day In Paradise was pretty cool.

Haven't seen Bully yet. It came out to buy a couple of months ago but isn't in any shop here yet. Typical.

Originally posted by Pantone247
oh

when is this Gummo on anyways?

[/B]

Tomorrow night 11.05PM.

T na G show whacked out films late over the weekend, I think T na G could teach RTE a thing or two these days and all, some really good stuff on it

if only it wasn't... you know... in Irish!!

To be fair RTE show a lot of good films.

"Pretty Poison" is on tonight,
Stars Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld. Late 1960s. Very good and impossible to get on video.

The showed Brian de Palma's "Greetings" last week and every Sunday night there's usually a *gritty* 70s cop/crime flick.
Like "Straight Time" and "The Seven-Ups"
Friday nights after the Late Late are good too.
Plus there's the foreign film every Saturday night

And "The Big Lebowski" is on at the weekend

Donnie Darko is v.good, for I did see it in the IFC two weekends ago at some horror movie fest, and will be dragging people to it when it comes out on general release, so good was it.

Just on the subject of 'art' films, I saw Morvern Callar the other night - bored out of my nut. Oooh, look, she's working in the supermarket, ooh and a worm just crawled out of a carrot, the meaningfulness, the imagery of corruption. Hey! Get a fucking plot.

Goddamnit Beavis, I was going to go and see that last Sunday. Pity to hear that it's not 'tits'.

New icon?

Attachments

• tits.jpg
    tits.jpg
    721 bytes · Views: 178
roll on Donnie Darko

yeah, saw Donnie Darko a coupla weeks ago. it bloody rocks.
unfortunately, i saw it after being out 3 nights on the trot and could not for the life of me keep my eyes open.
i think it had a couple of my own dreams sequenced in to it, so i ended up slightly more confused than i shoulda been.

Morvern Callar is pretty good, i got slightly bored durin the second half though. it's no Ratcatcher.
the soundtrack .|..| though.

Originally posted by ronan
yeah, saw Donnie Darko a coupla weeks ago. it bloody rocks.

Jesus you people are so passé. Saw Donnie Darko about 8 months ago. First five minutes are excellent. You know, the kitchen table scene. so. very. funny.

right

the next person to ruin a film is in trouble

big trouble.

also, discussing of football is now a bannable offence

bad spelling and grammar - banning

mismatched bags and shoes - banning

ever seen "Escape to victory"? Pele and Ossie Ardilles arr innit.

At the end Sylvester Stallone saves the gole.

Or that filum with Sean Bean where he becumms a profeshnul footballer?

Yep, he gets the girl. No kidding.

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2

The last film recommendation I took from Thumped was Ghost Dogs, which was great.

Was Ghost Dog supposed to have a "so bad that its good" type appeal, because I thought it was a joke...the only reason I watched it all was because it came highly recommended here. Another 2 hours of my life wasted.

The only decent 2 minutes of the film was when they showed yer man building a boat on the top of a hi-rise building.

Originally posted by Beanstalk
Was Ghost Dog supposed to have a "so bad that its good" type appeal, because I thought it was a joke...

Maybe...I liked it. And I didn't like Morvern Callar. Hmmm.
Maybe I liked it because I had a cool dream after it where I was Ghost Dog's retainer. I tell ya I didn't want to wake up from that one. It .|..|

I will say it felt a bit too long though.

Originally posted by Beanstalk
Was Ghost Dog supposed to have a "so bad that its good" type appeal, because I thought it was a joke...the only reason I watched it all was because it came highly recommended here. Another 2 hours of my life wasted.

The only decent 2 minutes of the film was when they showed yer man building a boat on the top of a hi-rise building.

[wagging finger]Philistine! Thssk! [/wagging finger]

I fell asleep watching the Gummo last night... Had..em funny. dreams...
this morning I listened to the soundtrack on the way into work...

life's goooooood

yes jeasus loves me coz the bibul tells me so

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back