Warning! (3 Viewers)

Amazing...
If I had naughty children, I'd punish them by making them watch this.
The first time I saw it, my jaw dropped open about 12 minutes into it and didn't close 'till a good 20 minutes after the film ended.
It's really nasty. and funny. and sad.
But mostly nasty.

Yikey. What's the basic plot?
The last film reccommendation I took from Thumped was Ghost Dogs, which was great.
Is this the type of film that makes you hug yourself and rock after seeing it though?

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
Yikey. What's the basic plot?
The last film reccommendation I took from Thumped was Ghost Dogs, which was great.
Is this the type of film that makes you hug yourself and rock after seeing it though?

Plot?!!
It makes you want to kill yourself.

Its a movie by Harmony Korine, the kid who wrote 'Kids' and directed the follow up to Gummo, 'Julien Donkey Boy'. Gummo is unreal. Little inbred kids sniffing glue and listening to death metal whilst whipping cats to death. deadly.

..yeah it is gummo..a really big head fuck..including the systematic rape of a mentally retarded girl. that kinda nice stuff. really blurs the boundries of art and nasty.or sumptin. really well shot andd the soundtract is fab. let's do the spaggetti in the bath.fuck.!:confused:

Originally posted by Hector Grey
do you mean gummo?

what, like the kid eatin his dinner with the candy in the bath and all that?
that scene made me feel so frickin ill.

and all the cat-killing malarkey?
and the weight-lifting with the spoons?

am i thinkin about the right film?

Ugghh, I'm feeling strangely compelled to watch this one. It sounds nasty as hell though - is there any reason you would watch it (apart from the kicks of watching a retarded girl getting raped like)? Nice cinematography?

Just on the subject of 'art' films, I saw Morvern Callar the other night - bored out of my nut. Oooh, look, she's working in the supermarket, ooh and a worm just crawled out of a carrot, the meaningfulness, the imagery of corruption. Hey! Get a fucking plot.

..well no real plot in this one either but is way more interesting to watch cause of the shit that does happen in it.and as I said the music is cool too..it's a real love it or hate it kinda film..or a huh? kinda film.( barry Norman watch out) (I don't think!)

Just on the subject of 'art' films, I saw Morvern Callar the other night - bored out of my nut. Oooh, look, she's working in the supermarket, ooh and a worm just crawled out of a carrot, the meaningfulness, the imagery of corruption. Hey! Get a fucking plot.

oh

I thought that would be good... ho hum... roll on Donnie Darko

when is this Gummo on anyways?

T na G show whacked out films late over the weekend, I think T na G could teach RTE a thing or two these days and all, some really good stuff on it

if only it wasn't... you know... in Irish!!

anyone ever see an australian movie called 'bad boy bubby'? starts off, this woman, she keeps her son locked in a basement until he's 30 or so, lied to him since he was born that if he went outside the cellar door, he'd die from the poisonous gas outside... she always leaves wearing a gas mask so it's entirely believeable like...
anyhooo, she rides him and everything, telling him he's the best son a mother could have and so on. one day he gets out and the movie is really about what he does then. it's fuckin rappa...

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0106341

yeah, credit where credit's due - TNaG shows some good stuff. Great French films every Friday night. And Ros Na Run's not bad either.

As for Morvern Callar Pantone, I really thought it was going to be great too. I thought the premise would make for an cool film. Maybe it was and I should only be allowed watch things like xXx. Saw a clip for DD though and it looks tits - looks like there's some nice effects as well.

And Ros Na Run's not bad either.

Oh dear Jesus come on.
Ros Na Run is surely just a tax write-off.

On that note, was in Brogan's last night, and the shady criminal guy from (the other tax write-off) Fair City was in there supping pints. Looking the wrong side of shady.

Originally posted by madouva
Oh dear Jesus come on.
Ros Na Run is surely just a tax write-off.

On that note, was in Brogan's last night, and the shady criminal guy from (the other tax write-off) Fair City was in there supping pints. Looking the wrong side of shady.

Must remember to insert the !ironyyy Y symbol:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back