Vote Popical! (1 Viewer)

Hello Thumped.

Popical Island is looking for some funding from a program that local brand giant Guinness are running at the moment. We want to use the potential money to move to a new, better rehearsal/recording space that we can also use for small gigs like our Popicalia nights. We're trying to get the word out so that people might vote for our project.

We made a video about who we are and what we do and why it would be good if we won:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The voting is done here: https://www.arthurguinnessprojects.com/music/popical-island-hq It's quickest to login using Facebook (i.e. the other way isn't quick at all)

We need to get enough votes to get into the top handful of projects that go before a judging panel, who finally hand out the prizes. You can technically vote once a day, hopefully there's one or two people out there who won't think that's an intolerable hassle. :) One solitary vote also appreciated! Not to mention sharing it on your Facebook, Twitter or whatever.

Thanks,
Popical Island.

Yeah you can vote once a day, or twice if you're logging in with Facebook AND with your site registration. Not that anyone should do that (ah go on).

Thanks for pinning this one, Pete.

Hello Thumped.

Popical Island is looking for some funding from a program that local brand giant Guinness are running at the moment. We want to use the potential money to move to a new, better rehearsal/recording space that we can also use for small gigs like our Popicalia nights. We're trying to get the word out so that people might vote for our project.

We made a video about who we are and what we do and why it would be good if we won:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The voting is done here: https://www.arthurguinnessprojects.com/music/popical-island-hq It's quickest to login using Facebook (i.e. the other way isn't quick at all)

We need to get enough votes to get into the top handful of projects that go before a judging panel, who finally hand out the prizes. You can technically vote once a day, hopefully there's one or two people out there who won't think that's an intolerable hassle. :) One solitary vote also appreciated! Not to mention sharing it on your Facebook, Twitter or whatever.

Thanks,
Popical Island.

Wait a second, if you've done all these albums and gigs how come you can't finance this from the sales of tickets and records ?

;)

Sounds like someone needs a crash course in biddness YO!!

This sounds great....Whats the story can any musicians just rock up and apply for this?

And whats the criteria for joining the collective?

Edit.hang about....Apart from having your music and image used without permission or even the courtesy of even asking to solicit corporate sponsorship..obviously.

Last edited:
HOLD ON

Who else do I have the choice of voting for?

That's none of our business.

@Vap€Life Gaz, I for one thought you had been asked about the clip. There are photos and what not from various people and they were asked. Obviously you weren't, and I'm sorry on behalf of the lot of us. Wires crossed somewhere. Do you want us to remove that bit from the video?

And yeah, anyone can apply for it, there are loads of submissions on the site.

This sounds great....Whats the story can any musicians just rock up and apply for this?

And whats the criteria for joining the collective?

Edit.hang about....Apart from having your music and image used without permission or even the courtesy of even asking to solicit corporate sponsorship..obviously.

Get 'em Gaz they're fucking loaded!!

We ploughed all that money into the video.

Speculate to accumulate, at least you're learning.

Just start charging people to photoshop Ian, cha ching!!

BTW, cunningly left out the fact that that practice room is in the most expensive part of the whole city. Nicely done. If it was on the monopoly board you'd be knocking the bollox out of everyone.

I might also suggest moving to the north side, property prices and all.

The finger thing means the taxes lads!

Hello all. Just wanted to apologise to Vap (I know him as Gary!) publicly for my mistake. I edited the Popical Island pitch video and I didn't get clearance to use the short section of his Popicalia song. It was completely my mistake and nobody else's from Popical Island. The others had mentioned about clearing any of the images and clips we used in the video and I'm sorry to say that the Retarded Cop clip was the only one that slipped through the net.

Given that Gary and I go back to the 80's, I hope he'll forgive me this one error.

As a gesture of goodwill, I've removed the clip, and will be reposting the new video in the morning.

Apologies again, Gary. Please consider this a yellow card for me, rather than a straight red.

I take it my application for membership has been rejected?

I thought you'd pull a few strings for me Willy.

Its like something outta Boardwalk Empire..which I'm currently enjoying.

Hello all. Just wanted to apologise to Vap (I know him as Gary!) publicly for my mistake. I edited the Popical Island pitch video and I didn't get clearance to use the short section of his Popicalia song. It was completely my mistake and nobody else's from Popical Island. The others had mentioned about clearing any of the images and clips we used in the video and I'm sorry to say that the Retarded Cop clip was the only one that slipped through the net.

Given that Gary and I go back to the 80's, I hope he'll forgive me this one error.

As a gesture of goodwill, I've removed the clip, and will be reposting the new video in the morning.

Apologies again, Gary. Please consider this a yellow card for me, rather than a straight red.
You know other folks appeared in that video without being asked.

Does everyone get membership as compensation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back