Vote Popical! (2 Viewers)

Its an important numbers game for the guinness folks. long term the project that involves a load of people at ground level is way better for their half of the deal than two lads from the woods.

Its an important numbers game for the guinness folks. long term the project that involves a load of people at ground level is way better for their half of the deal than two lads from the woods.

maybe so.

Thanks thumped!!

A little, a mixture of jaded brandalism (LIKE & SHARE THIS POST TO WIN A €100 LIDL SHOPPING VOUCHER!!!) and curiosity mostly.

I've counted 14 winners in total (across all categories). €50,000/14 = €3,500-ish. I think the Popical Island proposal definitely deserves the money but I (curmudgeonly) think the whole Arthur Guinness Project is a popularity contest based on begging people to vote for projects. Have a great idea but no extended FB/Twitter social circle to bolster your chances? You're fucked.

I had a day on facebook (now in fairness, a lot of people i know are in arts in some form) where there were 14 separate vote requests on my timeline.
Just a big long string of guinness ads. I'm glad popical got through, but i've a feeling the resentment might kick in next year in terms of entry to this thing.

coca cola have one now too, authorised through facebook. two people i know in it already. and budweiser have 'dream job'.

Will be interesting to see what happens alright.

I think early applicants weren't fully aware of what it entailed. Guinness will probably tweak the format next year too.

This fund has been around for years too, this is just the first public vote thing. Is there a list of what was previously funded anywhere? Would love to see it.

It seemed far more acceptable to me than the fundraiser things where you ask people to hand over their cash.

I wonder if anyone will apply with the same projects again next year? Wonder if many people who complained about it this year will apply next year?

Magical Strings Tour, two lads from my neck of the woods who did a documentary on their travels playing trad/folky stuff through south america. They're pretty pissed off that they got the most votes and then just got shunned by Guinness

It was a terrible idea, or at least I thought it was a terrible idea. But more importantly their pitch was awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back