voices (1 Viewer)

The story behind lostfrog is quite bittersweet...

http://mike.whybark.com/archives/001951.html
The person who drew the flier is a sixteen-year-old boy who suffers from autism. His father was unaware that his son may have made more than one batch of fliers (it appears that new fliers were hung in May of 2004). He did know about the loss of the frog and I believe that he knew about the first batch of fliers.

He also did not want me to give the frog to his son. He’s forgotten it, he told me. Bringing it up again will probably only bring up a bunch of bad memories.

He was quite unaware of the interest in the frog and the flier on the internet. He reiterated that he did not think it would be a good idea to show the sites to his son.

veryslowey said:
i hear the voices. they say "harm them, harm them" and then fade to mid black. when will it end? who will listen to my cryies? the trots they pelt my bowl so
Your poor lament sounds a bit like another guy I know...

... I believe my consumption has grown worse. Also my asthma. The wheezing comes and goes, and I get dizzy more and more frequently. I have taken to violent choking and fainting. The room is damp and I have perpetual chills and palpitations of the heart. I noticed, too, that I am out of napkins. Will it never stop?

i hear voices. they're usually pretty funny and end up making me laugh out loud for no aparent reason. i'm fine with them.

roxy said:
Your poor lament sounds a bit like another guy I know...

... I believe my consumption has grown worse. Also my asthma. The wheezing comes and goes, and I get dizzy more and more frequently. I have taken to violent choking and fainting. The room is damp and I have perpetual chills and palpitations of the heart. I noticed, too, that I am out of napkins. Will it never stop?
who is that? woody allen?

jane said:
Crap, now I feel bad.

Good thing this makes me feel better:
http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=392
actually i think it is kind of bittersweet, sure some of the people who photoshopped the original were totally taking the piss, but there's something poignant about the kid going to such huge effort to try to find his lost frog, especially as mentioned on the frog spoiler site, that it's extremely rare for people with autistim to be able to connect to things outside themselves, which makes his effort to locate his frog all the more affecting.

also, we should be proud of veryslowey for the same reasons.

lmd64 said:
actually i think it is kind of bittersweet, sure some of the people who photoshopped the original were totally taking the piss, but there's something poignant about the kid going to such huge effort to try to find his lost frog, especially as mentioned on the frog spoiler site, that it's extremely rare for people with autistim to be able to connect to things outside themselves, which makes his effort to locate his frog all the more affecting.

also, we should be proud of veryslowey for the same reasons.
veryslowey isn't the retard he used to be. he talks normal and shit now, i think he's taking the piss. he gives me frown's syndrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back