vinyl to mp3 what do i need (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
anyone know how to get my vinyl onto my computer / ipod?

the computers a fairly modern, windows xp one, usb ports a go go etc.

cheers

You'll need:

1) sound software for your computer's OS
2) a soundcard (you have one if theres a headphone and mic in things on your
computer)
3) Your stereo

grab some sound recording software off the web, then connect your stereo headphonejack or sound out to the sound in connection on your computer. set you computer to take sound from your sound card, start recording in the software and play your stereo.

i've tried to do this all before and its a pain in the arse, methinks the best idea is to get an mp3 player with an analog imput, and then ya can just dump it all straight onto the comp and burn it to cdr, that's what i'm planning!

here's a couple of links i found.
http://www.polderbits.com/
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/36039

the first link is for a program designed to copy vinyl/ tapes to your computer, it says there's a two week free trial. The second link is a q and a session on some bulletin board with people arguing over the best way to do things which should give you a few different choices.
though it seems to be that any sound recording software will do the job once your sound card can take input. There's an open source sound editor called audacity thats suposed to be pretty good.

muertos vivientes! said:
no way, this is a total nightmare, involving manually increasing the tracks and not being able to boost the gain to match cd level, plus the fucking thing broke after 9 months.

the recordings i've done on my stereo are very good...u can adjust levels and the outcome is pretty impressive..especially with vinyl/tape...

its totally different from a pc cd burner! (well the same basic concept!)

it only cost me 250 yoyos..but u can get one for just over 100!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back