Vincent Gallo (1 Viewer)

Can someone copy and paste please? Can't access that in work.

Truly,
Morg

Here you go:

TUESDAY, MAY 27, 2008

Vincent Gallo vs. Steve Albini: AKA, THE SHIT IS OFFICIAL!
Edit: this post has been updated for accuracy.

This centers over a fight about a regular poster (and member of the EXCELLENT "low intensity" band Rifle Sport, and not Flour as previously posted) selling a guitar to Vincent Gallo. The whole of the thread is located at this URL.

Basically, Albini made fun of Gallo after a guitar was sold to him by a forum regular. Gallo logged onto Albini`s awesome and very fun electrical audio forum and retorted:

From Vincent Gallo,
No offence Mr. Steve Albini but I have been into Veleno and Travis Bean guitars since my early teens, long before your interest in them. I worked at a guitar shop that was a dealer of both along with Veillette Citron, Alembic, S.D. Curlee and others. Since the 80’s I have had several of my guitars featured on the back page of Guitar Player Magazine as part of the Encore feature that Tom Wheeler edited. (Full-page photo of a rare vintage guitar) In 1978-1980 I played a Wedge in the No Wave band GRAY that include member Jean Michel Basquiat. In 1981 I purchased a Veleno for $475 from a dude named Jimmy who worked in the art department on the film All That Jazz. Since my interest in older rare things started long before the Internet my searches were done in a different way than yours. For example, I put together the largest collection of sound gear made by Western Electric. I did so on a dishwasher salary and long before the web. I was a member of underground mailing lists and networked the USA and Japan like a maniac. To collect with little money I had to buy and sell a ton of guitars microphones and hifi gear. Over the years I have earned a lot about sound and sound recording and have written some well-known essays on the subject. My point of view has always been way more radical than any of your practices. I take offence to your slight, as you clearly do not know anything about me. I was never interested in your Bean or Veleno guitars (which I knew you had), because you hack up your instruments. I prefer things left the way they were made. Your guitars are all modified for reasons I could never understand. In any case, these days I make it clear on the web that I will pay higher than high for any Travis Bean or Veleno guitar as I am luckily very rich. [email protected]

The Albini reply followed:
Mr Gallo,

Thank you for submitting your resume, but unfortunately the position of self-obsessed douchebag has been filled. We'll keep your details on file and if anything opens up, we'll stuff a note in the vagina of a woman with low self-esteem.

Congratulations on becoming rich and owning things.

-mgmt

Now, I hate to say I really enjoy this kind of gawker-type bullshit, but it IS funny, and one of the guys involved in this fracas made Songs About Fucking. I think we`re all allowed one every now and then, and seeing as how Killdozer made records in homedude`s basement...

POSTED BY YATSUSHIRO RADIO AT 9:58 PM

2 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...
I am the person who listed and sold the Veleno to Mr. Gallo. The transaction started out nicely with an hour-long phone conversation. I found Vincent to be polite and knowledgeable. We agreed to a price and transaction.

The shipping company made an error with the billing and then Mr. Gallo accused me of trying to defraud him for about $100. I received emails with threats of lawsuits. For $100.

I wound up paying for the shipping myself, although Mr. Gallo had initially agreed to split the shipping costs. I just wanted his harassment to stop. It cost me $100 to do so. I am under the impression that Vincent Gallo makes quite a bit more money than I do working in a recording studio.

I played in Rifle Sport, not Flour. Flour was the bassist in Rifle Sport and is a great friend of mine.

12:22 AM
Yatsushiro Radio said...
100 bucks?

Thanks for that clarification. I am glad to see that all of your issues were taken care of and I hope you`re still getting to play some music. Hope to see you around the forums again!

i think there was a thread about him before....

i loved him in buffalo 66 but id never seen him in anything before. then i learned he's a cunt/bigot/racist/called christina ricci FAT.....he's completely insane.

and now he's modelling for h and m? odd....

christina ricci's thighs were the best thing about that movie.

i watched it again not long ago and its nowhere near as good as i remembered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back