Vienna (1 Viewer)

I'm off to Vienna for a few days after Christmas. Hotel prices seem a little steep for city centre locations. So, have any thumped kids been to Vienna? If so, could you recommend a decent hotel in the city centre that does cost and arm and a leg?

last time i went there i stayed at some hostel. All i remember is that the 'mozart house museum' is a complete waste of time. you'll pay about 9 euro to find out that he only rented it for a few years, spent most of his creative life elsewhere and look at a few instruments in glass cases.

I was there in summer I stayed in a mates gaff so I know nothing about accomidation. I liked it a lot there, it's the safest (or was at the time - 6 years ago) city in europe so on foot you're grand to walk everywhere all day every day. There's a really cool bar under a train bridge near the red light district at the south end of the city I can't be more specific than that. Sigmund Freud park was full of junkies and dealers (if you need one) but they were actually quite friendly there's an english language magazine that's free. I went to an electronic music night under a museum on it's recomendation and it was excellent. Last thing, eat Kebabs, they are the best on the planet. Being so close to Turkey it's not surprising really. Shaff means hot (I think) they through a spice mix on your kebab if you ask for it it's hot tastey shit.

i was there in september, stayed with the brother so i cant help with hotel advice either. there did seem to be nice pubs around the place but they allow smoking. schitzel it shite.

Cheers for the advice. Booked a hotel the other day.... finger's crossed Dublin airport remains open so we can get off this shaggin' island come the end of this month

MAke sure you eat a load of this:
Z

What do you mean "but" ?

I like a fag when I drink but walking into the bars there was like walking into one of Gulliver's lungs if he were a 60-a-day man.

(Speaking of fags, if the waiter at your restaurant recommends Der Fledermaus niteklub, be careful, it's a fetish club.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back