Versatile (2 Viewers)

Here's some solid positive hip hop from North Wicklow.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Actually I just suddenly remembered that lad ringing up Joe Duffy to bitch about the 'Horse Outside' video and BlindBoy putting him firmly in his place. That was class, would be awesome if the Versatile lads did the same

I like the video

Organisers Pr division still fence sitting to see if at all just goes away and they can just all go back to making a load of money without these stupid ethics getting in the way.

Think I might go a on a wee boycott for a few months. Plenty of solid local gigs to be heading to.

So what is the deal? Are they actually secretly rich kids from D4 or what? I mean, if so fair play, they're pretty good at cosplaying the worst aspects of the worst lads around Dublin.

It's a good oul storm in a tea cup innit.

Versatile is pretty obviously a piss take and not to be taken seriously. The music/lyrics aren't representative of the people making them, because it's all being done for a laugh and it has much more in common with a theatrical performance when they do perform live.

Anyone jumping on top of them for the lyrics etc. is maybe just another example of people who can't understand the concept of parody, because really that's what Versatile is, a parody of young adulthood in Ireland. It's easy to understand the Rubberbandits showing support for them, because the Rubberbandits had to make the exact same defence of their own act against people who don't understand that not everything in the world should be taken as literal truth.

That all said, I don't find them funny myself because the humour is fairly lowest common denominator alright – but like somebody's already said, isn't that probably exactly why they're appealing to so many people and can sell out the 3arena?
I mean, I've worked at Jack Whitehall, Chris Rock, Ricky Gervais in the 3arena. I think all those shows were sold out, and from the bits I watched from each, I didn't hear one funny sentence. They were all shit. But, apparently, some people like this shit, go figure.

Versatile aren't particularly great and I don't really see them as having much longevity at all in their current form, but they're also quite clearly a piss take and not something people should be lambasting as evil racist misogynists that are the enemy of all society. They're just a bunch of lads playing stupid characters that loads of young people think is class for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back