Vegetarians of Dublin (1 Viewer)

seanface

Website
www.myspace.com
I am seeking to impress a lady friend with my vast knowledge of Dublin eateries when I'm over in a few weeks. Trouble is I do not have a vast knowledge of Dublin eateries. Driving burgers/kebabs in bobos/zaytoons into me is off the cards as the lady is a vegetarian. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Tricky ....

Juice on Georges Street is an actual veggie restaurant that I think is pretty good. Not really expensive and it's open all day so it's good for lunch of brunch (huevos rancheros!) as well. I'm not a veggie and even I like eating there ...

Cafe Bar Deli used to be a pretty good one. Lots of veggie pizzas, pastas and salads but someone I know got food poisoning there last week so avoid like the plague. Wagamama also used to be a favourite with me but they seem to have perfected some process over the last two years or so whereby all the flavour is automatically extracted from the food.

I'm sure someone will suggest Govinda's but to me they also have the same flavour extraction technique perfected.

Epicurean Food Hall on Abbey Street is good for a quick lunch. The Mexican stall does great meat-based and veggie enchiladadas, burritos etc etc. There are some other good ones there too. It's kind of like "quality" fast food with plenty of veggie options ....

you can get a decent veggie kebab in zaytoons.

cornucopia is a pretty good veg restaurant but probably won't supply the ambiance you'll need.

i'd go for somewhere like yamamori, slightly classy and lots of really good veg options to choose from, while still allowing you to tuck into a load of fish in front of her.

Pretend you are a veggie too but make lewd, suggestive references to oral sex throughout the course of the meal

Bring her for brunch to Odessa, french toast, or buritto thing very nice (unless she is health conscious) yummy, book seats for downstairs cause they got nice cosy armchairs.. pretty reasonable as well.

wear this cabbage hat and casually munch bits off as you meet her:

70983_24.jpg

cornucopia is a pretty good veg restaurant but probably won't supply the ambiance you'll need.

I've got into the habit of having lunch in this place of late and it's lovely. As a meat lover this is probably the only veggie restraunt I enjoyed and that's including Govindas.

you can get a decent veggie kebab in zaytoons.

i'd go for somewhere like yamamori, slightly classy and lots of really good veg options to choose from, while still allowing you to tuck into a load of fish in front of her.

No, don't - I'm a veggie and they once served me seafood tempura when I'd ordered veg, which I then bit into.... bleaughhhhhhhh! The waitress was really unapologetic when I complained.

Fresh in the Powerscourt Tonwhouse Centre does great veggie food including vegan cakes (mmmmmm, vegan caaaaaakes.....) but it's more of a cafe than a restaurant. Saba is good for veggies and meat eaters.

No, don't - I'm a veggie and they once served me seafood tempura when I'd ordered veg, which I then bit into.... bleaughhhhhhhh! The waitress was really unapologetic when I complained.

There's a new Yamamori on the Quays (Bachelors Walk I think) which is much better than the George's Street one. I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole ...

There's a new Yamamori on the Quays (Bachelors Walk I think) which is much better than the George's Street one. I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole ...

the portions in yamamori are always humungous and I always feel like a bullimic after a visit there. which puts me off, a tad.

thank you for the suggestions. there's no shortage of places to choose from. you know when thumped actually works in your favour it's quite a beautiful place to be:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back