Vegan parents kill baby by starvation (2 Viewers)

Cows, like all animals, need to have babies to produce milk. I don't like the fact that the new born babies are then taken from their mothers and killed just so humans can consume this milk.
I've never heard of a farmer killing calves. That would be utterly pointless. At the very least they could be sold on. Killing them is inhumane and pointless - it sounds like propaganda.

I don't like the fact that the new born babies are then taken from their mothers and killed just so humans can consume this milk.

This is not true, at least not in my experience and I grew up on a dairy farm. All calves were kept with their mother for the first week (unless the mother rejected the calf, which happens frequently*), after which time they were fed milk until they were weaned, and appropriate food after that time, we kept heifer calves to replenish the herd and sold the bull calves at about 9 months to a year.

A cow produces more than enough milk to feed her calf and provide a considerable amount over. Calves are a valuable commodity and would never be slaughtered to provide milk for humans. No dairy farmer could survive on the few cents they get from selling milk.

*If the mother rejected the calf we hand milked her to get the beastings, colostrum, that early milk that is so full of necessary immunity boosting ingredients and fed the calf by hand.

I have heard of both. I've also grown up on a farm in a large farming community and i've never heard of anyone killing calves. To put it as plainly as "I don't like the fact that the new born babies are then taken from their mothers and killed just so humans can consume this milk." is highly misleading to the point of being disinformation. If your problem is with the killing of calves for rennet or veal, then your problem is not with milk.

To put it as plainly as "I don't like the fact that the new born babies are then taken from their mothers and killed just so humans can consume this milk." is highly misleading to the point of being disinformation.

Seconded.

If we can all learn one thing form this case it is this: this vegan menace must be destroyed

did it go...

DEATH TO THE BOVINES
We feast on their blood!
SQUEEZE OUT THE WHITE FROTH
Subsidy!!!

?

Heavens no! It was a lament by a cow on the subject of Artificial Insemination. As she pointed out, even the milkmaids got to do it the old fashioned way.

What a strange thing to write a poem about..

(EDIT-- ahh .. it makes more sense from the cows viewpoint)

Other selected works could include:

"Oh to be in Kerry for the sheep-dipping"

" TB or not TB"

"Its lambing time, alas "

"The vet has raised his prices, let them die"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back