Valentine's Day (2 Viewers)

When Bannatyne's Day?

duncanDM1603_468x385.jpg

Uh, Billy, I hope you don't recycle your Valentine's gift ideas like you recycle your holiday-related jokes.

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=718646&postcount=13

Ahem.

You owe us a fresh joke.

I just know Im going to end up forgetting to buy myself a card this year,ill end up spending the day ignoring myself and trying to think of ways to make it up to me.

In fact,fuck it,Im breaking up with me

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=718657&postcount=20

ah now see if Ernesto had only listened to me, he'd be sharing valentines with more then just a can of Super Strenght and a crusty sock this year... The Schnapper take note!

i dunno. i card make good

I just know Im going to end up forgetting to buy myself a card this year,ill end up spending the day ignoring myself and trying to think of ways to make it up to me.

In fact,fuck it,Im breaking up with me

dont you dare, youre such a great couple!

I need some help for this cake im making for tomorrow!

If I was to add red food dye to cream would it go all manky?

And where can I buy cake glitter I know its sold somewhere cause i've seen it being used before?

Also.. Is Vanillia extract the same as the essence stuff?

And where can I buy cake glitter I know its sold somewhere cause i've seen it being used before?

Vanilla extract and vanilla essence are a bit like the difference between freshly squeezed orange juice and Robinson's squash. But real extract (the really good stuff) is very expensive and hard to find, so it's not used all that often in standard home baking. In fact, most recipes that say 'extract' assume you're going to use essence. You'd use a bit less if you had proper extract.

Not sure about cake glitter -- have you tried the place next to Doyle's on College Green?

As for the cream, it should be fine. The only thing is that you'll want to be careful mixing it -- if you over-mix anything cream-based it will turn to butter, so best add the colouring before you go and mix it up.

I hope he appreciates the cake! So sweet.

cakes! i have an awful lot to live up to here.

Vanilla extract and vanilla essence are a bit like the difference between freshly squeezed orange juice and Robinson's squash. But real extract (the really good stuff) is very expensive and hard to find, so it's not used all that often in standard home baking. In fact, most recipes that say 'extract' assume you're going to use essence. You'd use a bit less if you had proper extract.

Not sure about cake glitter -- have you tried the place next to Doyle's on College Green?

As for the cream, it should be fine. The only thing is that you'll want to be careful mixing it -- if you over-mix anything cream-based it will turn to butter, so best add the colouring before you go and mix it up.

I hope he appreciates the cake! So sweet.

Thank you!

He really likes cake... you wouldnt know it to look at him but I think its the main thing he eats.

I learned from last year that forward planning works a bit. Ended up getting locked on the 13th of feb last year and strugged to make a card at 4am while pissed. Tried to write a list of a 100 things I love about you.. but it was so dirty by number 6 I couldnt give it to the chap, my friends were around the house at the time and one of them ended up writing most of them on my bedroom wall. Poor chap never got anything off me in the end.

Thank you!

He really likes cake... you wouldnt know it to look at him but I think its the main thing he eats.

I learned from last year that forward planning works a bit. Ended up getting locked on the 13th of feb last year and strugged to make a card at 4am while pissed. Tried to write a list of a 100 things I love about you.. but it was so dirty by number 6 I couldnt give it to the chap, my friends were around the house at the time and one of them ended up writing most of them on my bedroom wall. Poor chap never got anything off me in the end.

Someone baking a cake for you is the best thing ever, especially if you're a fan of the sweet stuff.

Does he know you're making it?

valentine's day can go fuck itself.

there's no day celebratign the life of the singleton, so i dont see why there should be one for all the pukingly happy couples out there.

fin.

(is cilla coming back to thumped this year?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back