Valentine's Day (2 Viewers)

i have a date on valentines day for the first time in years as a single man. i'm bound to get the ride, right?

now, it's a third date, so, do i bring a rose? we've been joking back and forth about valentines day saying it's bollocks and we should just have a fun night and not worry about it too much. but if i don't show up with something will i be going home alone? or will it be lame and awkward if i have a rose? advice, please, thumped!

Bernie, as it's the 3rd date, and given that it falls on Valentines, I'd say make the gesture and get a small pressie to give her, like a cd/album/book etc - something you know she either wants or would be into. That might just about cover all bases, and hopefully you will get the ride anyway!
Good luck!

Compromise by dressing in lots of different flowers and ask her to take her pick

flowerman.jpg

Tip: Go to a card shop and buy one red (or any bright colour) satin ribbon. Go to a street flower vendor and buy a few flowers for a fiver. Take the ribbon and wrap it around the stems many times then make a bow. Trim the stems if too long. Sleek gift under a tenner that goes a VERY long way and it's easy to carry. It looks as if you put a lot of thought and effort when in fact, it took none. Everyone likes to feel special. Something that simple will do on a very low key date. Just have fun but you can't lose if you simply acknowledge it.

daisy%2Bwedding%2Bbouquet%25252C%2Bdaisy%2Bwedding%2Bbouquet%25252C%2Bbouquets.jpg

meeting, at a pizza and beer joint. it's not a fancy meal like. i think i'm making too big a deal of this.
this could be your future wife. You need to make a big deal of it. I'd say learn how to play the ukele and serenade her under the Trevi fountain after secretly whisking her off to there.

you should have surreptitiously found out what flowers she likes well in advance, it's probably too late now to save this budding relationship (minor pun)

i suggest pale pink tulips. red ones might be too keen. might not help you much if she hates tulips though.

you should have surreptitiously found out what flowers she likes well in advance, it's probably too late now to save this budding relationship (minor pun)

i suggest pale pink tulips. red ones might be too keen. might not help you much if she hates tulips though.
ha! Tulips are nice too. Sleek flowers but not sturdy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back