Useless fact you learned today (2 Viewers)

I discovered that Benshi used to announce/narrate silent films in Japan, sometimes explaining the film and that some Benshi became more famous than the actors onscreen.

i learned this a couple of weeks back but anyway. skunk weed actually smells like a real skunk. i always thought they just called it skunk because is smelled so strong. well i never

Ainsley Harriot has a massive wang. He was on Richard and Judy once, apparently Richard "accidentally" walked in on him in a shower at some point. Apparently he was intimidated.
Judy acted flustered and flapped about, but you know what she was thinking about, as she tightly crossed her legs and cut to a commercial break.

That reminds me that Alex Ferguson is meant to have seen Dion Dublin's wang and said 'It's no big, it's magnificent'.

That reminds me that Alex Ferguson is meant to have seen Dion Dublin's wang and said 'It's no big, it's magnificent'.
at real madrid, claude makelele was called "the ebony tripod" due to the magnificence of the makelele wand.

The cost-per-mile of going from Embankment tube station to Charing Cross tube station (in London) is more than that of sending a shuttle to the moon.

Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras in French) is also Pancake Tuesday.

St. Pancras invented the Pancake to help convert moon worshippers to convert to Christianity.
And, although he may have spoken French, he may not have been French.

Didn't learn this today, but thought the time was right.

Carnival originates from the Latin words Carne (Meat) and Vale (BYE BYE!)
So Carnival is when you gorge yourself on animal flesh, lady flesh and maybe even the odd cock before saying GOODBYE MEAT and diving into Lent.
Cleanse your soul and all that.

FACT

Ian Ogilvy played the character of Simon Templar-in Return of The Saint, in the 70s remake of the television series. The character was originally played by Roger Moore.

They both are known to have been avid pancake eaters.

Especially Roger.

But, especially Ian, whose name in Gaelic means eater of flat cooked batter

what, do bits just break off the Hydra and make new hydras?

You only sharpen a sushi knife on one side.
Sushi knives are made with two steels, one low and one high carbon, which are beaten together, like samurai swords.

And... emm, samurai swords are made straight, and get that bend in them from the differential in contraction of the two steels when the sword is being annealed.

what, do bits just break off the Hydra and make new hydras?

You only sharpen a sushi knife on one side.
Sushi knives are made with two steels, one low and one high carbon, which are beaten together, like samurai swords.

And... emm, samurai swords are made straight, and get that bend in them from the differential in contraction of the two steels when the sword is being annealed.

it shows no signs of ageing and regenerates its "limbs".

also this:
"19th century biologists reported that the hydra was such a simple animal that it was possible to force one through gauze to separate it into individual cells; if the cells were then left to themselves, they would regroup to form a hydra again." -WIKIPEDIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back