US politics (7 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i don't get it.

Is he taking the piss here?

Oh. OK. Apparently he's just flogging videos of himself saying shit. According to the Internet.

His main grift got taken away

Always gotta be grifting though
I think he is his main grift.

Do you think he knows he's talking nonsense? It must feel a little strange knowing that you're full of shit, and that almost everyone knows that you're full of shit. I guess Trump can do it. It does take some amazing amount of strength though.

Like, I'd struggle to explain my own software, that I wrote, to other people because I'd be morto about getting the wrong level of comprehension, forgetting why I made a certain choice at a certain place, along with being riddled with self doubt that maybe there was a better way of doing it. I'd be terrified of them.

And you have lads who can spout unmitigated shite with total confidence, and be believed. That confidence, or ability, or whatever it is, genuinely amazes me. The ability to grab an audience, or an electorate, and take them with you. It really is something that should be respected.

In a stunning and unprecedented decision, the Colorado Supreme Court removed former President Donald Trump from the state’s 2024 ballot, ruling that he isn’t an eligible presidential candidate because of the 14th Amendment’s “insurrectionist ban.”

The ruling was 4-3.

The ruling will be placed on hold pending appeal until January 4, pending a certain appeal to the US Supreme Court, which could settle the matter for the nation.

The state Supreme Court decision only applies to Colorado but the historic ruling will roil the 2024 presidential campaign. Colorado election officials have said the matter needs to be settled by January 5, which is the statutory deadline to set the list of candidates for the GOP primary.

they should probably save time and just have the US SC tell them to get fucked now

they should probably save time and just have the US SC tell them to get fucked now
it's troubling that the US Supreme Court is a permanent fixture of the GOP.

It kinda reminds me of the UK Crown, if the Crown wasn't ceremonial. Like if Charles had an agenda that he rammed through, regardless of what the current gov was in power he'd ensure that only law that aligned with far right Tories was signed.

I'm not sure how well this crown comparison actually stands up, but it's very odd feeling to have this clear unelected, almost unchanging political presence there, vetoing things.

seems much ado about nothing; it'll only ever happen in states that trump would never win, and the supreme court is not going to allow it stand.

seems much ado about nothing; it'll only ever happen in states that trump would never win, and the supreme court is not going to allow it stand.
I guess Colorado would probably vote not Trump, although there's some fruit loopers out there.

But the point I was making was there's a GOP overseer, sitting in the wings. You can't shift Supreme Court Judges. If you're a Dem you can't really get them in. So you just end up with a handful of Republicans deciding things, like the outcomes of elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back