US politics (5 Viewers)

yeah voting for those reasons is stupid too

doesn't make trump supporters any smarter

Questions isn't whether it makes them any smarter. Question is does it make them any dumber.

And I don't think it does.

There's a lot of sneering at Tea Partiers, trump supporters and the like and seconding guessing their reasons for voting how they do.

nah, what i said was that supporting a billionaire because you're pissed off at the rich is not smart

you seem to be having a totally different conversation

nah, what i said was that supporting a billionaire because you're pissed off at the rich is not smart

Who says they are pissed off at the rich?

Trump is one of the few people to say out loud that NAFTA and TPP are disasters. Free trade is orthodoxy whether you are Democrat or Republican.

If I were a blue collar worker who's job was now being done in Mexico I'm sure I might overlook the buffoonery and the orange complexion....

Yes but does his personal wealth reflect his proposed policies ? Only a person with huge wealth can afford to run for president anyway and don't Americans like the idea that anyone can make it ?

I don't see that Trump supporters hate the rich, they hate that their jobs have been off-shored, that the rich have been behind that is incidental. These people want to be rich too, or at least comfortable, Trump is as much an aspiration as anything else.

How many illegals does Trump employ?

that the rich have been behind that is incidental.

readImage

How many illegals does Trump employ?
here's a sample of what google has to offer:

"“It’s something ironic,” said Ivan Arellano, 29, who is from Mexico and obtained legal status through marriage. He now works as a mason laying the stonework for the lobby floor and walls of what will become the Trump International Hotel.

“The majority of us are Hispanics, many who came illegally,” Arellano said in Spanish. “And we’re all here working very hard to build a better life for our families.”

Interviews with about 15 laborers helping renovate the Old Post Office Pavilion revealed that many of them had crossed the U.S-Mexico border illegally before they eventually settled in the Washington region to build new lives."

At Trump hotel site, immigrant workers wary

They hate the 'policy', not necessarily those responsible for it. Its not an uncommon occurence.

here's a sample of what google has to offer:

"“It’s something ironic,” said Ivan Arellano, 29, who is from Mexico and obtained legal status through marriage. He now works as a mason laying the stonework for the lobby floor and walls of what will become the Trump International Hotel.

“The majority of us are Hispanics, many who came illegally,” Arellano said in Spanish. “And we’re all here working very hard to build a better life for our families.”

Interviews with about 15 laborers helping renovate the Old Post Office Pavilion revealed that many of them had crossed the U.S-Mexico border illegally before they eventually settled in the Washington region to build new lives."

At Trump hotel site, immigrant workers wary

What have we got there though?

...But a Trump company may be relying on some undocumented workers...

It's not a lot to go on.

that's why they're stupid.

works for me. try google for more.

You're back to the dismissive sneering again.
Google gives me that and a case from 1979 where he employed some Polish workers. It isn't a whole lot to rely on for a guy who has created an estimated 34,000 jobs - 22,450 directly with a 1.5 multiplier. Not all these jobs are in the US admittedly but the bulk appear to be.

You're back to the dismissive sneering again.
no i'm not.
Google gives me that and a case from 1979 where he employed some Polish workers. It isn't a whole lot to rely on for a guy who has created an estimated 34,000 jobs - 22,450 directly with a 1.5 multiplier. Not all these jobs are in the US admittedly but the bulk appear to be.
google harder.

PS: i'm not in the market for any more half-baked arguments on the topic of trump that could be settled by a search engine, which is what today seems to be characterised by.

no i'm not.

google harder.

PS: i'm not in the market for any more half-baked arguments on the topic of trump that could be settled by a search engine, which is what today seems to be characterised by.

is obviously because they're fucking stupid

that's why they're stupid.

Right.

I've gone ten pages in Google with 'Trump illegal workers' and gotten those same two stories. Should I keep going?

PS: You're presenting the argument that Trump uses illegal migrant work to make his money - make the case.
Two examples (one historical and one alleged) does not do that.

i've found more. but lol at how much time you spent googling.

i’m sure someone else would be willing to spend their afternoon furiously googling the doings of donald trump and arguing over the definition of hypocrisy, but I’d rather do other less aggravating stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back